CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
EVGA GTX 960 SC
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Was watching a movie when I got a kernal panic and the machine restarted itself. When it showed the log in screen, the user I was using (my primary account) was gone. I logged into my second admin account to try to see what was going on. The files are still there but I can't assign new user with the same. Tried looking for any fixes and came up pretty dry. I'm running 10.11.5.

IB7Nvtb.png

hs4nXHT.png

If your files are still there, and if you can copy them to the Admin's desktop, and if you can give privs to the Admin account so that you an verify that the files can be read correctly, then you can delete the old account and re-create it.

But as it stands now it looks like you are trying to create another account with the same name without first deleting the original account. What happens when you run a disk check through Disk Utilities? Do all the permissions get re-set? If the account is still there can you res-set the password through the Admin account?

If your files are still there, and if you can copy them to the Admin's desktop, and if you can give privs to the Admin account so that you an verify that the files can be read correctly, then you can delete the old account and re-create it.

But as it stands now it looks like you are trying to create another account with the same name without first deleting the original account. What happens when you run a disk check through Disk Utilities? Do all the permissions get re-set? If the account is still there can you res-set the password through the Admin account?

No issues with checking the disk. All the files are still there but the user doesn't show up. I actually managed to access the files through a second admin account, would my best bet would be copy the whole library to the desktop and somehow delete the user via Terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back