Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone,

I've got an audio problem on my brand new Hackintosh.
Ethernet, bluteooth, sound, USB 3... everything is working fine but no usb audio ! I happened to be an audiophile and own a DAC which improves a lot the audio quality. Unfortunately no USB audio device is detected or recognized by the system. By the way, USB audio doesn't appear in the audio system definitions ("About my Mac").
Do I have to change something in the BIOS ? Did I do something wrong ? I don't know but after hours spent in vain to find a solution, I decided to ask for help !
Could someone help me fix this problem ? Thanks in advance for the assistance !

My computer specs :

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-H77n Wifi
CPU : Intel Core I7-3770
RAM : Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Sound Card: Realtek 892

What USB audio device are you trying to use? Did you look in system preferences and change the output device?
I use a m-audio FireWire controller and it requires an app from m-audio to work properly, so u might need a driver.

Hi,
First, thanks for the help !
I'am using a DAC, the HRT MusicStreamer II which can be connected to the computer only with a USB cable.
Of course, I looked into system preferences but to no avail because USB audio does not appear there. In short, the DAC is simply not detected by the system ! Audio works only through line out, not through USB, as simple as that !
System is Mountain Lion 10.8.2.
By the way, I just checked out my USB Logitech camera. Image is working, sound is not : no Logitech microphone in system preferences. In other words, audio does not work through USB, no matter the device...

Sure I did. Did not try Face Time but Photo Booth is working fine. Just sound doesn't work.
Coudl it be a problem with AppleUSBAudio.kext ? Do I have to (re)install it ? (don't know if it was installed at all).

You tried the device in USB 2.0 ports (vs. USB 3.0 ports)? Have you also tested it on an actual Mac device to make sure that it is 100% Mac compatible? In reading about the device, it appears to use some sort of proprietary asynchronous USB mode to stream audio. While the Web site says it's audio class-compliant 1.0, I didn't see any specific language from them certifying that it is Mac compatible and CoreAudio compatible with the most recent versions of OS X.

You might want to test it on an actual Mac...and if it doesn't work on that, then you may need to explore other options...

Need help : USB audio device not working (solved)

Thanks for your help.
In the meantime, I found the solution and it was much simpler than I thought (once you know, it's always simple, isn'it ?).
To fix this issue, just need to install AppleUSBAudio.kext and, yes, it works !
The truth is I couldn't believe it cause I tried so many solutions before getting to this one (hours and hours spent on googling and searching), but I guess this is the cure.
Hope it will help other people who are confronted to the same problem.

Thanks for your help.
In the meantime, I found the solution and it was much simpler than I thought (once you know, it's always simple, isn'it ?).
To fix this issue, just need to install AppleUSBAudio.kext and, yes, it works !
The truth is I couldn't believe it cause I tried so many solutions before getting to this one (hours and hours spent on googling and searching), but I guess this is the cure.
Hope it will help other people who are confronted to the same problem.

Thank you for sharing the fix. Where did you find the AppleUSBAudio.kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back