Contribute
Register

Need help to do a fresh intall to get to snow leopard 10.6.7 only !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 (Snow Leopard)
CPU
i7 3.5Ghz 2700K LGA 1155
Graphics
Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
STILL NEED HELP to do a fresh install to get snow leopard 10.6.7 only !!!

i couldn't find any guides for this situation i tried multiple times myself to do this and frustrations are mounting up.

I have a Gigabyte MB Z68XP UD5, CPU Intel 2700K, AMD Radeon 6870 Graphics and have fully running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 which i use for Pro Tools.

I need to make another OS on a separate drive of just Snow Leopard at 10.6.7
for a PCI-E Apogee Symphony 32 audio card that only supports up to 10.6.7 SL will not work on 10.6.8

I used iBoot to get SL 10.6.3 all fine then i have 10.6.7 combo update on a USB as well MutliBeast 3.10
following the proper guide steps as if I were going to 10.6.8 minus the UpdateHelper
(it seems people are not using UpdateHelper for 10.6.7 cause it's only for 10.6.8 as well moving to Lion right?)

When I reboot after 10.6.7 combo update with multibeast I just get the apple bootup screen with the spinning gear for eternity.

i have redone so many times with different scenarios using my custombeast, mulitbeast, using updatehelper etc...

IN DIRE NEED PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE !!!

thanks it worked, that got me in but the screen resolution is still big.
I find i have keep using PCIRootUID=0 every time to get in though.
I'll keep on trying any other suggestions or tips?

thanks it worked, that got me in but the screen resolution is still big.
I find i have keep using PCIRootUID=0 every time to get in though.
I'll keep on trying any other suggestions or tips?

I think installing a DSDT will resolve that in your case.

I think installing a DSDT will resolve that in your case.

I did install a DSDT F6.aml on my desktop with MultiBeast. My Gigabyte Z68XP-UD5 MotherBoard it is flashed to this as well.

Any other advice or GUIDE? I tried starting over again fresh install and same thing.

WOW I can't believe how much easier going to 10.6.8 was then to 10.6.7. DAMN THIS AUDIO CARD !!!!

Still need help please someone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back