Contribute
Register

Need Help - System will not boot after running multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed "the_gael's" settings. One item not shown in the screenshot is Bootloader, which I assume is Chimera. I also checked the AppleIntel Ethernet option which I have seen in many other Z77 setups.
33600-mb-z77x-ud5h.jpg

I have also seen others check the Fake SMC option, but I have not done that, as it doesn't seem to be as common amongst users and I'm not sure what it does. I'm going to try and install Multibeast one more time right now and only check off a few options such as User DSDT, 3rd Party SATA, Intel Ethernet, and Chimera. I'll take a screen shot if I get that far and report back my results.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also seen others check the Fake SMC option, but I have not done that, as it doesn't seem to be as common amongst users and I'm not sure what it does. I'm going to try and install Multibeast one more time right now and only check off a few options such as User DSDT, 3rd Party SATA, Maolj's Ethernet, and Chimera. I'll take a screen shot if I get that far and report back my results.[/FONT]

FakeSMC (plugins optional) is a requirement for all...

Failure again. Why is it I rarely see the Fake SMC checked? Is this supposed to be "common knowledge"? I've also seen several Multibeast setups that don't have Bootloader checked, so maybe I'm just too noob to get some of this.

Anyway, here are the screen shots I have. The first is my Multibeast settings. Sorry for the quality, they are just iPhone pics.

IMG_0759.jpg
The next is the Verbose mode where my startup stops.

IMG_0758.jpg

And the last is something weird I noticed. It doesn't seem to recognize my hard drive in certain instances. It's not on my desktop, but it's viewable in Disk Utility. In the system profile area it doesn't seem to show a mount point. Don't know if there is another issue there.

IMG_0760.jpg

So does this mean I need to reinstall ML again? I can't seem to get back into the OS even using Safe Mode (-x) The only time I have success is before I install Multibeast. Who knew this would be so fiddly?

Failure once again. Here are my current Multibeast settings.
IMG_0761.jpg

Am I missing something? Should I take another look at my Bios? Nothing seems to make sense since I can operate my computer without Multibeast. I can get online, use preloaded Apps, just about anything. Why do I need to load Multibeast? I think I might just try to load Chimera on it's own to see if it will boot and do so without Safe Mode.

Video works fine. I'm just using the VGA as I have heard it's the easiest to get up and running. I'm simply using the HD4000 Intel graphics for now. No card.

I installed Chimera yesterday with unusual results. It went to a black boot screen that looked like DOS.
IMG_0762.jpg
But it did let me boot into OSX from there. However, I decided to install Easybeast just to see what would happen. Complete failure. Still freezes and does so at the same place as when installing User DSDT. I'm going to do another ML install and just leave out Multibeast altogether. I'll see if I can get it to boot into OSX without Safe Mode (-x). If it works, I might try and leave Multibeast out. I'll keep searching and see if anyone has similar issues that has a resolution. I might even take all of my posts to a new thread. :banghead:

VGA is NOT the easiest to get setup!! Its not really supported in OSX anymore and your lucky it works at all! This is what I suspected you was happening and hence my previous question.

Can you switch to HDMI or DVI (not using any VGA adaptors) and start again. Pick the appropriate multibeast settings, I do think all your problems can be traced to using VGA output.

It seems to be up and running. Here are my Multibeast settings.

IMG_0763.jpg

Things not showing are the Audio that seems to be standard (898?). I did not install Chimera. I installed HWMonitor for the hell of it and also made my System Description iMac 12,2.

I did install a DVI-D cable. It's only a single link and both the mobo and monitor are dual-link. I'll swap it out later. I'll mess around with it, but there should be a service bulletin or something if the VGA port is the culprit. Seems silly and not sure why it would work, but it's up and running for now.

Hi this is my first Hackintosh build
GA-Z77X-UP5TH
i7-3770k
intel 330 180GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (02G-P4-2662-KR)
I had same issue with after run multibeast it freeze after the apple logo startup screen (using FTX 660)
After I remove the graphic card and run intel 4000 it works fine.
What setting should run on to make the GTX work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back