AsRock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3 - 2.20
CPU
i7-2600k 3.4GHz
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 3000/ MSI R7970 Lightning BE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear All,

Good day everyone! Been a while since I made my first hackintosh; didn't pursue since I needed the tablet (Windows) for work. Got some free time and decided to put together some old hardware to try out OpenCore.

USB Installer is based on OpenCore 6.6, Big Sur 11.2. Installer went fine, but I couldn't boot my macOS and it kept getting stuck at IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3.

Dortania's guide suggests that this is likely due to the GPU not being initialized properly. I'm aware that the iGPU (HD3000) is no longer supported which is why I'd been trying to boot using my Radeon 7970, but to no avail. Would be grateful if the community could shed me some light and help me boot my macOS, please.

Thanks in advance!

Things I've tried:
(1) SMBIOs - iMac15,1 / iMacPro1,1 / MacPro6,1
(2) Tried with and without adding the platform and device id under DeviceProperties.
(3) BIOs - CMS disabled, primary display is PCIExpress (tried also with iGPU disabled and enabled with DVMT 32mb to 1024mb), multi-display disabled

My Hardware:
Intel i7-2600k (Sandy Bridge, not overclocked) on AsRock z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3, BIOs v 2.2
MSI R7970 Lightning BE connected to monitor via miniDP
Samsung 870 Evo 500GB

Attached:
EFI Folder
Screenshot of error

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2302.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 138
Just suggestions of where to go from here rather than no help at all:

I suggest you first try to install Catalina using Clover with that chip set and GPU. In this real world there is little to gain from BS compared to Catalina except different icons and more problems installing. All that matters is it boots and you can do actual work rather than endlessly futzing. Sandy Bridge on Clover is well documented--I used to have one.

X79 BigSur Will it Work? | tonymacx86.com is a thread dealing with your GPU in OC. But it references and older version of OC and different versions of OC are not mix and match.

I assume you have noted that OC requires additional fiddling to work with Sandy Bridge chipsets of your generation, another reason I suggest Clover/Catalina or even Mojave.

There are cryptic hints in the troubleshooting section of the Dortania guide with regard to where you are stuck (been there for a week at a time) suggesting a problem with USB (mobo setttings, drivers, kexts) or GPU settings. You also can research if anyone has posted a sample successful EFI for your chipset and GPU that you can follow, recognizing again that versions of OC are not interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back