Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 : 13-4005dx
CPU
Intel Core i7-5500U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Hello all!

I'm new here, and I just joined the mackintosh community, so please bear with my ignorance. I've tried to search with the problems I'm having, but the number of results and different documentation / approaches for various different cases is a bit overwhelming, so perhaps you could help me with my specific case!

About
Mobo:
CPU:
Intel Core i7-5500U
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Other Hardware:
Replaced Wifi/BT module with NGFF BCM94352Z

I'm trying to use this guide on installing El Capitan on x360 with Skylake, though my case is slightly different with intel 5th gen.

I've been able to get El Capitan running on a partition on my SSD using this excellent guide by Rehabman.

Now, I'm trying to get my wifi working with my NGFF BCM94352Z using this guide . However, I'm finding the guide a bit confusing... I see that there are clearly steps in the guide, but I don't quite see the structure in terms of step-by-step approach.
So far, I've put the following kexts on my desktop and run Kext beast:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.5.kext
IO80211Family-10.11.5.kext

I'm able to connect to wifi networks, and bluetooth is able to see *some* devices (not all, which is weird...) but Airdrop is not working and there is no Handoff in system preferences. I'm trying to follow Step 3b/BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff (WiFi and BT Enabled) but I don't understand exactly what I should be doing, and how to "patch" and what file... Using Sublime text editor, I opened IO80211Family-10.11.5.kext > Contents > Plugins > AirPortBrcm4360.kext but I'm not able to find the entry...

Additionally, I've tried running wireless_bcm94352-11-v4.0.command, and I get:

Code:
Agreement
The wireless_bcm94352-110_patch is for personal use only.  Do not
distribute the patch or the resulting patched IO80211Family.kext
or IOBluetoothFamily.kext for any reason without permission. The
wireless_bcm94352-110_patch is provided as is and without any kind
of warranty.
wireless_bcm94352-110.command_v4.0c
echo Verify boot flag/argument: rootless=0
Patch Options:
1 - Handoff only
2 - Handoff/BCM94352/US-FCC
3 - Handoff/BCM94352/Country Code
0 - Exit script
Select Patch (1, 2, 3 or 0): 2
Password:
Copy S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext to Desktop/IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.5.kext
Copy S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext to Desktop/IO80211Family-10.11.5.kext
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.5.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AirPortBrcm4360.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot
To save a copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
Finished, restart required.
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

[Restored Jul 5, 2016, 9:56:45 AM]

If I try to run the command again, I get a kernel panic that goes away after another couple automatic reboots.

So, am I missing something? Was I supposed to manually patch or was that the command? How do I know if it has worked?

Thank you in advance for your time and patience!

Hello all!

I'm new here, and I just joined the mackintosh community, so please bear with my ignorance. I've tried to search with the problems I'm having, but the number of results and different documentation / approaches for various different cases is a bit overwhelming, so perhaps you could help me with my specific case!

About
Mobo:
CPU:
Intel Core i7-5500U
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Other Hardware:

I'm trying to use this guide on installing El Capitan on x360 with Skylake, though my case is slightly different with intel 5th gen.

I've been able to get El Capitan running on a partition on my SSD using this excellent guide by Rehabman.

Now, I'm trying to get my wifi working with my NGFF BCM94352Z using this guide . However, I'm finding the guide a bit confusing... I see that there are clearly steps in the guide, but I don't quite see the structure in terms of step-by-step approach.

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

I'm able to connect to wifi networks, and bluetooth is able to see *some* devices (not all, which is weird...) but Airdrop is not working and there is no Handoff in system preferences. I'm trying to follow Step 3b/BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff (WiFi and BT Enabled) but I don't understand exactly what I should be doing, and how to "patch" and what file... Using Sublime text editor, I opened IO80211Family-10.11.5.kext > Contents > Plugins > AirPortBrcm4360.kext but I'm not able to find the entry...

Code:
Agreement
of warranty.
Patch Options:
1 - Handoff only
0 - Exit script
Password:
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext IOBluetoothFamily-10.11.5.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AirPortBrcm4360.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

If I try to run the command again, I get a kernel panic that goes away after another couple automatic reboots.

So, am I missing something? Was I supposed to manually patch or was that the command? How do I know if it has worked?

Hello all!

About
Mobo:
CPU:
Intel Core i7-5500U
Graphics:
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Other Hardware:

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Code:
Agreement
of warranty.
Patch Options:
1 - Handoff only
0 - Exit script
Password:
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
logout
Saving session...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Your laptop is not Skylake. Following a guide for Skylake hardware when you have Broadwell is a major mistake.

The FAQ covers the requirements for BCM94352.

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I found the section "BCM94352 requirements" in the FAQ and I have the first 3 kexts. But, I'm still having trouble with the patching step.

I found the section "BCM94352 requirements" in the FAQ and I have the first 3 kexts. But, I'm still having trouble with the patching step.

You only need two patches:
- one for 5ghz WiFi
- another for bluetooth handoff/hotspot

Use a plist editor to copy/paste from the provided plists to your own config.plist.

No need to run any scripts...

Sorry, I'm still a bit lost. :/

So I ran the wireless_bcm94352-100.command. Was I not supposed to? What exactly did this do?

I've mounted the Clover EFI, and I've opened config.plist... I don't understand what it is I'm copying and pasting ?

Sorry, I'm still a bit lost. :/

So I ran the wireless_bcm94352-100.command. Was I not supposed to? What exactly did this do?

For a simple copy/paste, unless I wrote the script myself, I'm not likely to run a script. I don't know what the script does... that would require reading the code in the script.

Download the plists that contain the patches you need. Use copy/paste. Kext patches are in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch. Read the Clover documentation to understand further...

There are a number of Clover resources linked from my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back