Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5670
CPU
T2300
Graphics
ATI X1400
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
I need some help here, I'm trying to hackintosh a MacOS Lion on a old Acer aspire laptop, and it seems mostly everything is supported, right now i only care about basic functionality. Important Specs:
4 GB Memory
Intel Core 2 Duo T2300
ATI X1400.

So my issue as the title says, as i have open canopy enabled, it doesn't seem to display the MacOS Installer name and instead shows (no name) (dmg) i'm assuming because my USB drive has no name. If i click on it, the screen goes black and after a couple seconds it displays the error.

Here is the deal with my SSDT's:
Under the dortania's guideI am following the Yonah, Coneroe, Penryn configuration, My CPU is a Yonah. But under the guide it lists Yonah As desktop. So I just put both laptop/desktop SSDT-EC as i'm not sure, I only have one enabled in the configuration atm.
1714422749483.png

All of my EFI Drivers (not using hfs plus legacy seems to be 64 bit only? opencore can't seem to load the driver):
1714422880527.png

All of my Kexts:
1714422772834.png

I've also double checked I didn't miss anything important, but it feels I am missing something as I once tried to hackintosh a old computer and got the same error, but realized the GPU was incompatible anyways.

Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction. Also my original intention was to install Snow Leopard but the included MacRecovery Script only goes to Lion. So if i have to downgrade for things to be more compatible I'm fine with that too. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 4
I need some help here, I'm trying to hackintosh a MacOS Lion on a old Acer aspire laptop, and it seems mostly everything is supported, right now i only care about basic functionality. Important Specs:
4 GB Memory
Intel Core 2 Duo T2300
ATI X1400.

So my issue as the title says, as i have open canopy enabled, it doesn't seem to display the MacOS Installer name and instead shows (no name) (dmg) i'm assuming because my USB drive has no name. If i click on it, the screen goes black and after a couple seconds it displays the error.

Here is the deal with my SSDT's:
Under the dortania's guideI am following the Yonah, Coneroe, Penryn configuration, My CPU is a Yonah. But under the guide it lists Yonah As desktop. So I just put both laptop/desktop SSDT-EC as i'm not sure, I only have one enabled in the configuration atm.
View attachment 581989
All of my EFI Drivers (not using hfs plus legacy seems to be 64 bit only? opencore can't seem to load the driver):
View attachment 581991
All of my Kexts:
View attachment 581990
I've also double checked I didn't miss anything important, but it feels I am missing something as I once tried to hackintosh a old computer and got the same error, but realized the GPU was incompatible anyways.

Hopefully someone can point me to the right direction. Also my original intention was to install Snow Leopard but the included MacRecovery Script only goes to Lion. So if i have to downgrade for things to be more compatible I'm fine with that too. Thanks
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

any reason to use a desktop smbios on a laptop?

obviously you only need the laptop EC aml

I was getting the error before i even put a SSDT

Once i add the required information can you bring back my post?

Back