Contribute
Register

Need help ML 10.8.4 won't boot anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer to both question is yes.

I can boot in win7.

My ML flash is a fresh download from the apple store 2 weeks ago. I made it in case my upgrade from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 went south. But it didn't, I just had to reload my audio Kext. It's been working fine.

Like you, I'm wondering the same thing, hardware. I just don't know what that could be.

I'm very grateful for your help.

Thank you.

The answer to both question is yes.

I can boot in win7.

My ML flash is a fresh download from the apple store 2 weeks ago. I made it in case my upgrade from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 went south. But it didn't, I just had to reload my audio Kext. It's been working fine.

Like you, I'm wondering the same thing, hardware. I just don't know what that could be.

I'm very grateful for your help.

Thank you.

I'm wondering why that screen shot shows "Loading Darwin 10.7" (which would be Lion) if you have an ML install? I know when I boot mine via Unibeast (with "-v") it shows "Loading Darwin 10.8." Any idea on that one?

Here is a screen shot of 10.8.4 flash drive/Unibeast

2013-09-01 16.46.05.jpg

If you're booting the Unibeast USB partition it should show hd(0,1) not hd(4,1). Looks like you're booting from your 4th HDD?

RehabMan is on to something. Those Grey screen grabs show three different hd numbers. Try removing ALL disk drives that are not involved in the fix.

{Solved}Need help ML 10.8.4 won't boot anymore

For anyone who finds this thread.

I went into my win7 and downloaded Paragon HFS+ for Windows. This way I could see my ML hard drive. Then I deleted the extra folder. This removed any corrupted boot items.

Once that was done I could now boot with Unibeast and by using the PCIRootUID=0 was able to get to my ML install. I reran Multibeast 5.4 and added a bootloader.

Now all is well again.:D

Then I deleted the extra folder. This removed any corrupted boot items.

Actually, it only removed the .plist files. There are still "boot items" installed in the appropriate directories from the previous install. You are probably ok because those previous installs are all the same revision and MultiBeast was also the same revision. MB puts things mostly in the S/L/E folder.

If removing the /extras folder fixed things then you could have also "troubleshoot-ed" the offending item with boot-time arguments.

I'm glad things worked out for you!

/Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back