i7 4790
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

I've been using my ML for 4mos or so with no problems. But today I went to boot it up and Nada, nothing.

I'm desperate to get a file off this drive, I need to deliver it to a client as of yesterday.

I have posted the pictures of what happen when I boot from either the drive or Unibeast.

Please help me get this back up an running!
boot sequence HD.jpgUSB boot.jpg

Hi Guys,

I've been using my ML for 4mos or so with no problems. But today I went to boot it up and Nada, nothing.

I'm desperate to get a file off this drive, I need to deliver it to a client as of yesterday.

I have posted the pictures of what happen when I boot from either the drive or Unibeast.

Please help me get this back up an running!
View attachment 66053View attachment 66054

Sounds like disk corruption/failure. Hopefully, you have a backup...

Try booting the Unibeast USB into the OS X installer. Then look at your disk in Disk Utility (Verify/Repair?) and/or Terminal (see if your files are there via the command line).

Thank you for your reply.

I do have a back up on my time machine. But I can't get to the installer screen. My USB-unibeast won't go to the screen were the Chimera Boot Screen ask me which drive.

screen.JPGHow do I get to the Chimera Boot Screen installer at this point?

Thank you for your reply.

I do have a back up on my time machine. But I can't get to the installer screen. My USB-unibeast won't go to the screen were the Chimera Boot Screen ask me which drive.

View attachment 66063How do I get to the Chimera Boot Screen installer at this point?

What happens when you boot your Unibeast USB? Have you tried booting with "-v" to diagnose? Are you certain you put it in the same USB port? Are you certain your BIOS settings are the same as when you installed originally?

Thank you for your help.

When I try to boot with the unibeast I get this
USB boot.jpg
I did manage to boot up -v here what I got

2013-09-01 09.52.17.jpg

Can you tell me what this means?

Thank you for your help.

When I try to boot with the unibeast I get this
View attachment 66093
I did manage to boot up -v here what I got

View attachment 66094

Can you tell me what this means?

Try using a USB2 port (especially if you have not re-created your Unibeast USB with the latest Unibeast).
Also, try booting with "UseKernelCache=No -f -v"

Hi,

I really appreciate your help.

I will try your code and get back to you soon.

In the meantime, I realized the last picture of start up was for my HD not USB.

So here a picture of the what happen when starting up with the USB unibeast.

my Lion unibeast
2013-09-01 11.50.01.jpg

Yes I'm using an older version of unibeast not 2.2. I try my Mountain lion USB with unibeast 2.2 I got no where.

Hi,

I really appreciate your help.

I will try your code and get back to you soon.

In the meantime, I realized the last picture of start up was for my HD not USB.

So here a picture of the what happen when starting up with the USB unibeast.

my Lion unibeast
View attachment 66100

Yes I'm using an older version of unibeast not 2.2. I try my Mountain lion USB with unibeast 2.2 I got no where.

You should use the latest Unibeast with a genuine Mac App Store purchase/download. Are you?

Yes, I have a legal copies of SL, Lion and Mt Lion10.8.4, I bought from the apple store.

So I type in the code you gave me and here is the picture of the results

2013-09-01 15.00.28.jpg2013-09-01 15.03.28.jpg

Any other codes or ideas to try? It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the lion or the ML flash drive, or even the HD, they all stop at the same place. Or which port I try.

Yes, I have a legal copies of SL, Lion and Mt Lion10.8.4, I bought from the apple store.

So I type in the code you gave me and here is the picture of the results

View attachment 66119View attachment 66120

Any other codes or ideas to try? It doesn't seem to matter whether I use the lion or the ML flash drive, or even the HD, they all stop at the same place. Or which port I try.

Could it be a hardware problem? Can you boot the Windows installer? Or Linux?

Did you re-create your Unibeast USB with current Unibeast and fresh download of ML 10.8.4 from Mac App Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back