Contribute
Register

Need help migrating to a different motherboard

Update: I was able to boot to the desktop with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard and what is probably a Intel Celeron G1610 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Processor by loading BIOS defaults, adding the Gigabyte WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2 GB Video Card and disabling integrated video (thanks for that suggestion) and changing SATA to AHCI.

Networking doesn't work, and I bet audio doesn't either.

I suspect at this point I need to run MultiBeast and find appropriate settings for this motherboard. I have 7.5.0 for Yosemite on the desktop from the original install. I am not sure what settings to use, or if that is the best version to run, so if anyone has any guidance on that, I'm all ears.

Update: I was able to boot to the desktop with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard and what is probably a Intel Celeron G1610 2.6 GHz Dual-Core Processor by loading BIOS defaults, adding the Gigabyte WINDFORCE GeForce GTX 760 2 GB Video Card and disabling integrated video (thanks for that suggestion) and changing SATA to AHCI.

Networking doesn't work, and I bet audio doesn't either.

I suspect at this point I need to run MultiBeast and find appropriate settings for this motherboard. I have 7.5.0 for Yosemite on the desktop from the original install. I am not sure what settings to use, or if that is the best version to run, so if anyone has any guidance on that, I'm all ears.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

Update: I was able to use MultiBeast 7.5 for Yosemite and use the instructions in the first post here

to get my networking and audio working. Everything seems fine, so I've updated my hardware profile.

Back