intel hd
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I had a fully functional Hackintosh on an Asus P8Z77-M Pro MB, Intel i53570k and HIS ATI Radeon HD 5970.
I was a bit frustrated that the Radeon was running at only half capacity, so I replaced it for a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580, the one that supports SLI. I was quite surprised that it worked 100% out of the box, I didn't even have to remove the old kexts. The only thing that didn't work was shutdown (the system shut down, but the machine kept running until I forced it with the power button). I didn't care much about it though.

Then I had the luck of finding a good Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 and told myself "why not...". I was under the impression that it would be just as plug and play, but I was wrong...

First I changed GraphicsEnabler to No. I booted, but kernel panicked.
Then I uninstalled the FakeSMC hardware plugins (by throwing the kexts in the trash and rebuilding permissions). It allowed me to boot normally, but now I can't shut the system down (as with the 580) and sleep will not work (even when the display goes to sleep I am forced to reboot). Now that makes it a bit unusable, because I don't want to keep it running at full speed 24/7.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have gone wrong?

ps: my settings are in this post: the only difference is the new graphics card, which made me switch the bios settings from iGPU to Auto.

Thanks in advance for any comments

Well I found that using different versions of AppleAPCIPlatform.kext can have a positive effect on being able to shutdown (or actually vastly improving the shotdown speed and such).

What date/version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext are you using now?

Did you edit your DSDT.aml for specific shutdown patches (if they are available)?

Hello and thanks for your reply.

My AppleACPIPlatform.kext file's date is 07/11/12. Is this a kext installed by Multibeast? I have been keeping track of most of them, but I can't recall if this one is installed by Multibeast or patched by it (if any). If you could point me to a different version, I could try and see if it works.

I haven't done any DSDT because the P8Z77-M Pro is meant to work without it, at the expense of HDMI Audio, which I don't need. In my previous set up with only Intel HD4000, shutdown worked just fine, and it also worked after I installed the HD 5970. This problem started when I replaced the HD5970 by the GTX 580, but I don't see why the GPU would have interfered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back