Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA P35 DS4 2.0
CPU
C2Q Q9550
Graphics
Asus GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I have issues booting up from unibeast. My current system is running Mavericks and now I'd like to upgrade it to High Sierra.

Steps I've taken are:
  • got HS from app store
  • GPT formatted 16GB USB with Unibeast 8.3.1, Legacy mode with no injection
  • Loaded all default settings in BIOS and only changed to ACHI
  • Set up config.plist as iMac 10,1 in CLover configurator
  • At boot, I did "options" and typed in nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 -v-s-x and it gave me a black screen. waited 2 hrs, no text, no error no apple logo.
  • I also tried space at boot and select -v-s-x nv_disable=1 from the list, still black screen
  • I looked around this forum and seems people usually see text with nv_disable and -v but not sure why I only get a black screen
My Specs:
Q9550 - GA P35 DS4 2.0 - 8 GB Ram - 1050ti GPU - Samsung EVO 950 256

Thanks

bump
I know it's an older board. anyone?

@jayson0, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Can you post your efi/clover for everyone to look at?

Here it is. Tried the latest 8.3.2 as well with another USB. same problem.
At boot, I tried inject nvidia, load video bios then press space and use -v and nv_disable=1 and select boot macOS with selection options like the picture attached. still black screen

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.27.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 8.27.38 PM.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks for the file. But I can't boot with your EFI , not even the clover menu at all for some reason. I used your EFI and tried with and without clover configurator to iMac10,1.

BIOS settings should be correct right? I only have ACHI setting for SATA and HPET64bit, other settings are default.

any other suggestions?

bump!
I rebooted again today and finally got to unibeast boot menu with jason's EFI, but menu is missing boot install from High Sierra. Pressing space bar brings me to start EFI Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back