Contribute
Register

Need help installing Yosemite on Acer S7-392 with clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire S7-392-6425 Ultrabook, i5-4200U Processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD (Clover)
CPU
Intel(R) Core i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400 Display 2560x1440
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Ive had no success at all trying to boot my acer s7-392 into osx. Ive tried the Unibeast method and that failed. I then was recomended to clover by someone on this forum but that didnt get me into osx either. There are no guides for my specific laptop and its feally frustrating that I cant boot into it. I followed Rehab Mans clover guide and when i boot into yosemite from the clover installer i get stuck at the halfway mark at the apple logo..... here is my verbose image.jpg
Ive tried differnt usb ports and even different usb drives but still get the same result. Can someone please help me!! Im patient but I cant find anything anywhere on how to get past this. also here is my clover file as well.View attachment CLOVER.zip.

Also here are my specs:
System: Acer Aspire S7-392 + Clover
CPU: i54200U-/chip type- intel hd graphics
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400,
2560x1440 screen resolution

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hi Ive had no success at all trying to boot my acer s7-392 into osx. Ive tried the Unibeast method and that failed. I then was recomended to clover by someone on this forum but that didnt get me into osx either. There are no guides for my specific laptop and its feally frustrating that I cant boot into it. I followed Rehab Mans clover guide and when i boot into yosemite from the clover installer i get stuck at the halfway mark at the apple logo..... here is my verbose View attachment 128749
Ive tried differnt usb ports and even different usb drives but still get the same result. Can someone please help me!! Im patient but I cant find anything anywhere on how to get past this. also here is my clover file as well.View attachment 128748.

Also here are my specs:
System: Acer Aspire S7-392 + Clover
CPU: i54200U-/chip type- intel hd graphics
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400,
2560x1440 screen resolution

Try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=false. With/without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Try different USB ports. Try different USB sticks. Try different USB options in BIOS.

Try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=false. With/without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Try different USB ports. Try different USB sticks. Try different USB options in BIOS.
I'll try it without GenericUSBXHCI.kext and what do you mean by Try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=false. like edit the config.plist with a plist editor?

...and what do you mean by Try with config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership=false. like edit the config.plist with a plist editor?

Yes.

I cant find that line in the plist file

It is not a "line"... Look at your config.plist with a plist editor. Use Find.

image.jpg
so basically just change FixOwnership to false..like in the picture

alright do I tried everything you reccomended and still no success. I tried with and without genericUSBHXCI.kext and changed the config.plist. Do you think if i changed the ig-platform-id to my computers resolution that would do anything? also should i remove the false i added in the config.plist? thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back