Contribute
Register

Need help installing on Ga-x58A-UD3R I920 gtx260

Status
Not open for further replies.
adamsmasher said:
blizz:

I've heard that it you keep moving the mouse around it will finish the install (though keep in mind it will always say that the install failed at the end - this is normal).

sat in front of the pc and moved the mouse for an hour. same result.. installation starts for 5 minutes then hangs. Thanks though for the tip.

i7 920 is stock speed
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r (Bios F5 loaded optimized settings, ACHI, S3, HPET 64bit)
ATI 4850 (I used -x to boot up)
2GB Ram
1 HDD (removed the rest)
1 DVD Drive
Usb mouse
Usb keyboard

Thats it.

Make sure your install DVDdrive and target hard drive are both in SATA-0 or SATA-1 connectors. I'm updating my guide, please let me know how it goes! Thanks.

Also, make sure to upgrade to F5 BIOS.

It's usually a good idea to remove any extra hardware (like second hard drives and DVD/CD drives) before trying to install. :)

Yea, you'll be able to add them back in later. Are you using any IDE hardware? They can sometimes cause problems so it's better to stick with SATA for the install, if possible.

Do you have SATA set to AHCI (there is probably more than one place that you'll need to set this) and HPET to 64-bit in the BIOS?

I have the same board GA-X58A-UD3R with i930 and it gave me all kinds of problems too. What I did to make it work was to use the IBoot from Grom's guide and I went into the bios and disabled all the Peripherals for the first boot. You may need USB for Keyboard I had PS/2.

I used 1 stick of RAM in the DDR3_1 slot as the manual stated.

After the OSX installs on the first boot from the CD to toggle to the Harddrive where you installed OSX you have to go back into the BIOS and Enable the Audio/Ethernet/USB

I left USB 3.0 disabled along with the inactive GSATA for a faster boot.

I used the Voodoo HD Audio Enabler as my bios says AZILA for Audio.

Had probs with installing the Chameleon and it said RESTART and it reset my BIOS. Just use Last Known Good when the BIOS asks and then boot to the CDROM again and reconfig MultiBeast and then Reboot to the hard drive again to see if you get the Right Chameleon for our board.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back