VEGA 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In preparation for a new graphics card arriving today, I’ve clean installed Mojave 10.14.2 and had it up and running with screen connected to internal graphics (motherboard). I ran MultiBeast to get ethernet working. I made minimal changes in MultiBeast:

Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot mode
Customize > Graphics Configuration > Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

Now, booting up is very slow and ends in a black screen (screen NOT complaining about missing signal). Probably shouldn’t have installed Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen...

I need to understand the basics:
1. How do I undo what I just did with MultiBeast to get back to a working system?
2. How do I determine which of the eight available Intel network drivers to install with MultiBeast? I am using the LAN-unit built into the motherboard. The only information I can find on that is that it is an Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit), whereas in Multibeast it refers to for example Intel 825xx ethernet controllers etc.

How do I undo what I just did with MultiBeast

MultiBeast tells you what it is doing - Reverse the action to undo what you did :

MB.png

How do I determine which of the eight available Intel network drivers to install with MultiBeast?

Try IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

Thanks P1LGRIM. Don't ask me what went wrong (because I don't understand it myself) - but I had to start all over again, erasing the hard drive and installing Mojave once more.

Now I've got Mojave running, ethernet working, new graphics card (Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 56) recognized by the system. And I haven't even run Multibeast yet...

Now the question is: when it is all working before installing anything with Multibeast, what do I need to do in Multibeast? Just Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode and nothing else?

Edit: I tried installing just Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode and nothing else in MultiBeast. Network didn't work. Then installed IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0. Now Ethernet works. Didn't need to install anything additional to get the graphics card to be recognized by the system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back