Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD - Clover
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
RX 480 + UHD 630
Hello, I created a USB installer for Mojave using Rehabman's guide and tried to install on a previous working El Capitan installation. Installation booted and went through, but now it won't boot. Is there something I can do? Thank you in advance. Here is a picture of where it's stuck:

I also tried wiping the osx partition and making a clean install, I still can't boot, I get kernel panic

I also tried wiping the osx partition and making a clean install, I still can't boot, I get kernel panic
View attachment 401495
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
I've attached the CLOVER folder of the intallation USB here. Verbose boot photo is in previous message. Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
I've attached the CLOVER folder of the intallation USB here. Verbose boot photo is in previous message. Thank you!
your second image would not have shown up using the config.plist you have uploaded

you sure you have uploaded your correct clover folder?

your second image would not have shown up using the config.plist you have uploaded

you sure you have uploaded your correct clover folder?
Yes, I'm sure, it's from the USB I'm using for the installation. Do you think it might be using a config.plist on the EFI partition on the hard drive (from the previous El Capitan installation)? I'm booting from USB but the old EFI partition might still be there

Yes, I'm sure, it's from the USB I'm using for the installation. Do you think it might be using a config.plist on the EFI partition on the hard drive (from the previous El Capitan installation)? I'm booting from USB but the old EFI partition might still be there
maybe, as with the new config.plist, it would have stopped at the actual panic and not carried on

maybe, as with the new config.plist, it would have stopped at the actual panic and not carried on
I used the option "don't reboot after panic" so I could take the photo, otherwise it just reboots and goes on forever. Would could be a solution?

I used the option "don't reboot after panic" so I could take the photo, otherwise it just reboots and goes on forever. Would could be a solution?
couldn't see anything wrong with the clover folder you uploaded but you didn't press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen so not sure what version of clover you have installed

may be best to update to the latest one from sourceforge as Rehabman's version needs an update and won't work on current Mojave

OK, I did that, downloaded the latest clover and tried to boot, now I get this screen. New clover folder attached

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back