Contribute
Register

Need Help - Have To Use -v or Stalls at Apple Logo Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, so I spent a few days fighting with the "downloaded" message at App store (was trying to re-download OSX hoping it'd be a slightly newer version than what I had on my installer USB.) Then some more time trying to create a new installer from it to no avail. Somehow this install has been the most difficult ever lol. So I gave up, got me a new hard drive, and am presently reinstalling from my original USB... just so I have the other drive untoched if it doesn't work.

And here's something I just realized: the installer has the same issue - I can NOT get past the white apple logo on black unless I add -v flag. It's been so long since I made the original "problematic" install that I forgot about this. Which makes me think it may not be related to my install at all, but rather to my hardware. But there's nothing particularly odd about it, at least not that I know if. Any thoughts?

Went as far as flashing the VGA bios on my video card... tried a couple of different vendors (asus, palit) - no difference. At this point, I am willing to consider a card that is GUARANTEED to work (gtx 950-960 maybe). Seems to me PNY is just not a good choice.

Well, I got it all fixed by overwriting the EFI partition with a backup from my old install. I still don't know what exactly was wrong, but at this point I guess it doesn't matter. Thanks to all who tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back