CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm a noob and I'm trying to install snow leopard on my dell optiplex gx620. I've been using the iboot method and I've been running into problems. I've gotten snow leopard installed but I don't know how to find my dsdt file for my motherboard and I can't tell what motherboard I have even by looking at it so I'd appreciate any help as possible. So I clicked on easybeast when I went through multibeast..and when I went to restart to load from the hard drive, I get stuck on the white apple screen or i I will get stuck in a reboot loop. I've tried some basic stuff like typing in -v or GraphicsEnabler=no and it doesn't work..again I'm a noob so there's a lot I don't know but I'm learning everyday. I can boot from iboot with no problem..but it won't boot up from the hd..I just get stuck in the loop or stuck on the white apple screen..I'm thinking this may have something to do with not having that dsdt file..but I'm clueless on how to make one or if I even need one. my specs for my system are:

MSI R5450-MD1GD3H/LP Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

CPU TypeDualCore Intel Pentium D 820, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)

crucial 4gb kit 2-2gb 240 - pin unbuff dimm 256mx64ddr2 pc2-5300 ct3kit25664aa667

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

Motherboard Chipset Intel Lakeport-G i945G

Disk Drive ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC

also I was wondering if it's ok to just have snow leopard installed on my machine with all the drivers and kexts working, and then decide to updrade to Lion when I'm ready...or if I should just spend the money and get the upgrade now ..but I can't even get snow leopard to work properly so I'm hesitant to put out the money unless its absolutely necessary for being at the noob state I'm in. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time

~Mike
[email protected]

also I wanted to mention that I had to remove my graphics card and use the onboard vga port to run iboot. My monitor would shut down if I tried using my video card with a dvi cable..but once I removed it booted with no problem...and I'm trying to install snow leopard 10.6.3 and update to 10.6.8.. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back