Contribute
Register

Need help getting to 10.6.8 Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I was not overclocked, or have ever been on this computer

As far as I know, Intel HD 2000 gives You KP after Combo Update do 10.6.8 i have Core i3 2100 with z68 mobo and after combo update my screen go black and shows KP Try that steps it works for me:
1) Clean install 10.6.3
2) First boot using iBoot
3) Run update helper and install kexts from attachmet REBOOT
4) Boot from iBoot and Install Combo Update
5) Multibeast / Easybeast
6) Restart and boot from hdd

Now only boot with flags "Graphics Enabler = No" and "Graphics Mode"="WIDTHxHEIGHTxDEPTH" ( for your monitor ) if boot You will have max for that graphics at this time no QE only native resolution ( I'm using VGA port )

Sorry for my grammar or other mistakes :p that my first post I just want to help :)

Attachments

• Intel HD2000 replacement.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
@ McTavish

Help is much appreciated :D unfortunately this did not work for me, this is becoming a pain to do. Also if I buy a separate graphics card will that run fine with 10.6.3?

MY Steps:
(I tried all of the suggested ones none worked heres what im going to try, anything I'm missing)

1. Get up to 10.6.7
2.After update 10.6.7 succes, remove or delete "caches folder" on library
3.Remove or delete "caches folder" on sytem/library
4.Run Disk Utility and click Repaired disk permissions
5.Restart or reboot
6.BackUp AppleACPIPlatform.kext & IOPCIFamily.kext on system/library/extensions folder
7.BackUp IOUSBFamily.kext & IOUSBMasstroageClass.kext on system/library/extensions folder
8.Run 10.6.8 ComboUpdate>wait to finish>Don't Restart or Reboot Computer
9.Copy AppleACPIPlatform.kext & IOPCIFamily.kext (U BackUp) to Sytem/Library/Extensions Folder
10.Run Kext Utility>wait to finish>Restart or Reboot Computer

f You buy supported GPU it have to work fine, maybe difference for me is that i install combo update on 10.6.3 retail, I guess that 10.6.7 can be a key but I'm not sure. If You can post screenshot of KP we can be more helpful now we can only guess :p

However If 10.6.7 works fine stick with it for some time :)

Here is the panic I'm getting, its different colors every time (this time happened to be black) but same spot.

Attachments

• 100_1109.JPG
    100_1109.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 160
Ok try to boot with "-v -x" flags it will show at which system gets KP, if now screen changes colours i bet that issue is with graphics but im not 100% sure :)

Thanks for the help i took 2 pics of what it said

Attachments

• 100_1113.JPG
    100_1113.JPG
    811.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 100_1112.JPG
    100_1112.JPG
    785.6 KB · Views: 138
For my n00b eye look's like just only CPU error some users recommend to boot with specific busratio but as far as I know that works very rare. I don't have such error at boot everything what I can help at this time are "CPU" kext's wich i found for SB place them in Extra/Extensions and prey :)

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    140 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back