Contribute
Register

Need help getting audio and graphics to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently purchased an HP Probook 4530 (Newegg.com - HP ProBook 4530s (A7K05UT#ABA) Notebook Intel Core i3 2350M(2.30GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory DDR3 1333 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi Intel HD Graphics 3000). I built a hackintosh a year or so back, but was excited that this was more or less compatible out of the box. However, I've been having a lot of difficulties getting it fully up and running:

1)I can't get audio to work. I've installed the Patched AppleHDA from MultiBeast 4.6.1. When that didn't work I also installed the Non-DSDT HDA enabler, which didn't do anything. Still no audio. Itunes won't even play any songs (It brings it up, but the progress bar doesn't go anywhere)

2) Graphics were working (when I used the DVD player anyway) before I did the HP Probook Installer, and after I restarted, the DVD player just comes up blank all the time. I've tried to play quicktime videos but that comes up with an unknown error notification.

3) My wireless card is incompatible, apparently. I've ordered a new one, but since wireless was supposed to work after install, I wasn't sure if I got the wrong version of this laptop or what...

Please help!

Please tell us how did you install OSX on your Probook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back