Graphics
Intel 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm tearing my hair out over this, and I have a feeling I'm missing something simple and/or stupid.

I'm building a rig for my father-in-law. Configuration:
GA-H77M-D3H
Intel Core i5-3570K
Corsair Memory Vengeance 16 Dual Channel Kit DDR3 1600 MHz
SanDisk Extreme SSD 480 GB
Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Card, TI Chipset
Antec Basiq BP430 430 Watt 80 PLUS Power Supply

I had to return the MB three times for: bad DIMM slots; bad LAN; bad LAN and DIMM. With the last board I took it over to Gigabyte HQ and they fixed a problem with the CPU socket. They also said they tested the LAN and DIMM slots and verified everything works. I got it home, reinstalled and everything is working perfectly except for the LAN port.

There is no activity on the lights above the RJ-45 port and the router does not recognize anything is plugged into it. I know the Ethernet cable is good, I double checked the BIOS and the LAN is enabled, and I am at a total loss. I have a message out to Gigabyte but I feel I will get more ideas faster here.

This board is using an Atheros GbE chip, I just don't know which one. But even if it's completely incompatible with Lion, shouldn't the activity lights still light up?

Same problem here on GA-H77M-D3H. Version 1.1

Have seen an increasing number of posts about this but no one seems to have any advice

Kinda sucks

Gigabyte has confirmed for me that they are using the Atheros 8161 chip on this motherboard. A quick search of this forum reveals that there is no kext for this chip. I am installing a USB to Ethernet dongle instead of trying to write my own kext. This is a cautionary tale for noobs - stick to the recommended boards, and if your stray do your research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back