Graphics
MSI G4 970 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all I spent last night trying to get OS X running and I did but it wasn't as fluid as expected red textures when using dashboard and notification center and really slow using launch pad

Only way I've been able to reach installer is with the GTX uninstalled and using either HDMI or Dvi on intel hd 4000 with command -v -x switch.

Is there any way to bypass this so I don't have to unplug my GTX?

VGA so far been a no go
Could this be due to I'm running on DVI with VGA adapter?

GraphicsEnabler=No does not work and it just hangs at Begin Pci Configuration. if i try with GTX
Update does not fix getting to installer with the GTX card so i have to have it unplugged

How do I get rid of the sluggishness / red textures?

So i belive i need to do it this way

1. Uninstall the GTX
2. Setup up to run on intel HD 4000 with -v -x switch
3. Install 10.8.2 do i need to run combo update after this install? "only have ML 10.8.2 install"
4. Install the NVidia drivers for 10.8.2
5. Run MultiBeast
5.1 GraphicsEnabler=No as permenet boot option?
5.2 DSDT for GA-H61N-USB3
5.3 Install Gigabite Ethernet
5.4 Install FakeSMC
5.5 Install NullCPUPowerManagement
6. Fix HDD boot with large drives
7. Install the Geforce 660 GTX

things im abit confused about

step

5.1 is this only to fix the system or does it need to be on always?
5.5 is there any other option i saw somethign about speedstep

and how do i get Sound working?

Any help appreciated.

Bump

anyone has some help?

You are running a 3rd gen CPU on a 61chipset motherboard. let me know if im wrong.

Takeout the video card and try to get the system up and running with onboard HD4000. You can install GPU later. Refer to the below link

http://www.tonymacx86.com/150-enabl...therboards-hd-4000-6-series-motherboards.html

If the unibeast drive is 10.8.2 refer to the link below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/72956-10-8-2-problem.html

For multibeast settings check this thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/59492-first-hackmini-ga-h61n-usb3-i3-2105-mini-itx.html

It correct ivy on sandy board.

problem i have with multibeast i dont have the same options as the one displayed on the screenshots

its much more stripped down version?

When installing with 10.8.2 do i still need to run the combo update?

Okay gotten the install and system seems to be much better with the recommendations however im getting Still Waiting on root device if i boot without any thing.

have not used the 10.8.2 problem yet is this for this fix?

also im trying to get the system running with out problem on the intel HD card before putting in the Geforce

Okay gotten the install and system seems to be much better with the recommendations however im getting Still Waiting on root device if i boot without any thing.

have not used the 10.8.2 problem yet is this for this fix?

also im trying to get the system running with out problem on the intel HD card before putting in the Geforce

Have you made sure that you set the hard drive mode to AHCI?

yeah I have the system running quiet stable. on intel HD.

but i cant get it to boot without -x -v if i try that i says "still waiting for root device" on Intel HD

cant get my geforce to work.

i think the combo update messes things up somehow. since i already have 10.8.2

Woohoo it works without the Geforce now but without any -x only used -v to see if there was any errors

im lacking cpu temps tho

GA-H61N-USB3 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back