Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello
I have a 2007 MBP right now, it still works fine but I want something newer without the $2000 price tag, I don't care about resale value.

I was looking at the HP probook 4540s, thing is I can't seem to find one at a decent price other than ebay plus with the shipping to Canada and wait time nah not for me.. I can pickup a dell inspiron today thats a i7!! what MBP could I compare it to?

I'm also looking at the HP probook 6570b, from what I've been reading its a low res screen, I'm not looking to change screen and cables, if there's another HP probook or other thats priced right please tell me about it, I'm open to other lappy's. I'm trying to spend under or around $300CND if possible.

At the end of the day I would like Yosemite running on it only if it works well.

I've seen the Compatibility list, it talks about the components but nothing listing actual makes and models that are good choice, it would be nice if these was a tread with people listing what they have and working, buying a laptop is not the same as building a PC not complaining here (yes I googled)

Thanks

Hello
I have a 2007 MBP right now, it still works fine but I want something newer without the $2000 price tag, I don't care about resale value.

I was looking at the HP probook 4540s, thing is I can't seem to find one at a decent price other than ebay plus with the shipping to Canada and wait time nah not for me.. I can pickup a dell inspiron today thats a i7!! what MBP could I compare it to?

I'm also looking at the HP probook 6570b, from what I've been reading its a low res screen, I'm not looking to change screen and cables, if there's another HP probook or other thats priced right please tell me about it, I'm open to other lappy's. I'm trying to spend under or around $300CND if possible.

At the end of the day I would like Yosemite running on it only if it works well.

I've seen the Compatibility list, it talks about the components but nothing listing actual makes and models that are good choice, it would be nice if these was a tread with people listing what they have and working, buying a laptop is not the same as building a PC not complaining here (yes I googled)

Thanks

Look for laptops that meet your needs and have well written guides.

Look for laptops that meet your needs and have well written guides.

Thats the problem, I've spent 3 days and around 4 to 6 hours a day reading thru this and other forums and so far what I've seen the HP probook 4540 is "easier" or more popular but like I said its hard finding one that would justify my doing this instead of buying a use 2010 MBP "15 for $500 CND..

As for my needs... well a working hackintosh with minimal issues hence why I'm here asking after reading.. I'm not going to spend $800 on a windows laptop just to run OSX..

I'm surprised no one made a list of laptops people used successfully and sticky it.. Yes I've read the top 10 thru google searches but most of those loptop are hard to find or simply not worth it cost wise compare to a used MBP in local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back