Contribute
Register

Need help disabling lid wake (ACPIDebug output included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it working! I'll consider this my first DSDT modification victory (with much credit to the folks on this forum).

After studying the AHCIDebug logs I could tell _Q15 was not getting called on lid open:

Method (_Q15, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Store (One, LIDS)
Notify (LID0, 0x80)
}

I added the two lines in this method to _QD2 which is being called on lid wake:

Method (_QD2, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Notify (^^^PEG0.PEGP, 0xD2)
Sleep (0x32)
Store (BMR1 (0x1D), Local0)
BMW1 (0x1D, And (Local0, 0xFB))
Store (0xD2, DBG8)
Store (One, LIDS) // added
Notify (LID0, 0x80) // added
}

I'm not sure if this is a safe or proper way to do it but it works and I'm a happy camper for now. Thanks @RehabMan !

Got it working! I'll consider this my first DSDT modification victory (with much credit to the folks on this forum).

After studying the AHCIDebug logs I could tell _Q15 was not getting called on lid open:

Method (_Q15, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Store (One, LIDS)
Notify (LID0, 0x80)
}

I added the two lines in this method to _QD2 which is being called on lid wake:

Method (_QD2, 0, NotSerialized) // _Qxx: EC Query
{
Notify (^^^PEG0.PEGP, 0xD2)
Sleep (0x32)
Store (BMR1 (0x1D), Local0)
BMW1 (0x1D, And (Local0, 0xFB))
Store (0xD2, DBG8)
Store (One, LIDS) // added
Notify (LID0, 0x80) // added
}

I'm not sure if this is a safe or proper way to do it but it works and I'm a happy camper for now. Thanks @RehabMan !

Did you find that _Q14 was called on lid close, but not _Q15 on lid open?
I suspect it is due to the EC driver not being ready for the query right after wake.
You might check to see which GPE methods are called (_Lxx) on wake with lid. Might help unravel more of the mystery.

Did you find that _Q14 was called on lid close, but not _Q15 on lid open?
I suspect it is due to the EC driver not being ready for the query right after wake.
You might check to see which GPE methods are called (_Lxx) on wake with lid. Might help unravel more of the mystery.

Yes that's what I see happening. Will add more debugging code to see what I can find. Btw, I found that it calls a different method when waking with the power plugged in (_QD1).

Yes that's what I see happening. Will add more debugging code to see what I can find. Btw, I found that it calls a different method when waking with the power plugged in (_QD1).

There is an ACPIDebug patch written specifically to instrument all GPE methods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back