Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad X1 Carbon
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Hello,

I would like to build the best Windows/Mac OS pc this year. I know how to build a pc but need help picking the best compatible parts within my budget. I would like to have all of the components be supported in Mac OS Mojave, so I don't spend the rest of my life troubleshooting.
This PC will be used for normal stuff in Mac OS, and gaming in Windows.

Originally, I wanted to build a PC with RTX 2060 and Ryzen 5. However, I read they aren't supported and don't want to have to troubleshoot a lot.

So, I did some research on Hackintosh GPUs and the Vega56 looks very similar to RTX 2060 and is supported by Mac OS. Is this a good choice or are there any better options?

As far as every other part of this build, I have no clue what to get. I came here because you are all professionals.

Please help me find parts within my budget. I don't need the top of the line stuff for everything. Just components that will work well.

Thank you so much!

The most powerful video card you can use in any version of macOS is the Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti or its fully enabled version, the Titan Xp. No Nvidia web drivers for Mojave or the GTX 20X0 series have been released. If you want to use modern Nvidia cards, you will have to stay on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

For Mojave and Final Cut Pro the most powerful cards are the AMD Vega series. People who edit 4K video on Mac Pro towers prefer the Radeon VII or the Vega 56. For a budget build, the RX480 / RX580 / RX590 are the best. (Check out the prices for the Vega 56, they are not that much higher than the RX590.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back