i7 7700K 4.2
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I've spent over two days trying and trying to get something to work past just the stupid apple logo screen i've used Clover to boot up and UniBeast, Neither of them have worked, I'm running a 7700k on a H170 PRO GAMING ASUS motherboard with a current BIOS update, RX580 POWER COLOR. I've tried almost every setting in the BIOS and every setting on clover configure.
I'll post a photo of my Bios setting.
For UniBeast I did a UEFI. And tried Legacy Boot. Both just got stuck on the Apple logo never did I see the bar below the logo show up.
I tried a iMac ID with Clover boot loader, and I tried a 5.1 Mac Pro both same results as using UniBeast.
Do I need a Fake ID for the i7700k? I just am really discouraged and need help, Please let me know if you need any additional information to problem solve.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_4172.JPG
    IMG_4172.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 139
I ordered a GA-Z170 and a GA-Z270 I'm not sure if it's because I'm running Asus or because they aren't a 200 series motherboard. Please help

Yes.
Use the forum Search tool for details.

Is that why I'm not having success booting up the installer? What should I use to install it with?

Please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
For UniBeast I did a UEFI. And tried Legacy Boot. Both just got stuck on the Apple logo never did I see the bar below the logo show up.
UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 100/200 Series CustoMac desktops and UEFI capable systems.
I tried a iMac ID with Clover boot loader, and I tried a 5.1 Mac Pro both same results as using UniBeast.
Stick with the default iMac14,2 system definition.
Do I need a Fake ID for the i7700k?
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.
[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

IMG_4551.JPG
Please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).

UEFI Boot Mode is recommended for 100/200 Series CustoMac desktops and UEFI capable systems.

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Thank you so much for all the help, I appreciate it greatly. Still running into problems with the booting up, I feel like I'm super close, I'm using 10.12.5. I added the fake CPUID in to clover once I booted to the drive and punched it in, after that I clicked boot to -v and it got a lot farther then before and showed a lot of text not sure what it means thought, also I read somewhere you need USB 2.0 but my 200 series motherboard only has USB 3.0 and 3.1
I'm not sure if I need to add any additional settings into clover boot loader...

Thanks!

IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4551.JPG
Is that why I'm not having success booting up the installer? What should I use to install it with?
I used the CPUID you sent me, seemed to work a little farther then before, but still having problems getting to install screen. Any wise words of advice? Here is the screen it is stuck on

Check / edit your config.plist to include USB Inject and FixOwnership :

View attachment 258538
okay just tried that, here's what i'm getting. thanks for the quick reply :)

One big Question I have, I see on a lot of youtube videos people are adding the fake ID on clover and then when they boot to the USB it shows the Fake ID already there for me i have to type it in and then the computer seems to boot past just ++++++++++ on the screen, but it still is stuck on the image i added to this message, do I need to configure anything else besides the fake CPUID on the Usb clover?

Thanks again.

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_4555.JPG
    IMG_4555.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back