Contribute
Register

Need help buying components

Status
Not open for further replies.
11900-igpu-bigsur-png.514514
doesn't look like your graphics are working

doesn't look like your graphics are working
I know that Vram numbers are low but animations are running smooth on the dock and launchpad. And also im running two 2k monitors at 60hz.

Sorry I updated it. Please check if it's Ok now.
better, thanks

although your cpu and cpu graphics is unsupported (you can fake the cpu) but no the graphics, best to use an amd card really for better results

better, thanks

although your cpu and cpu graphics is unsupported (you can fake the cpu) but no the graphics, best to use an amd card really for better results
somehow it seems to work for me. But soon im getting a graphic card. I just wanted to aware Wierdo93 that it can be done. But not for long term.

The VRAM size and lack of kext suggest you're on VESA driver, i.e. not using the iGPU but computing display from CPU. It may somehow work but I doubt you'd be happy with it for any kind of graphically demanding workload. And, as far as I understand it, audio work can actually get demanding on the GPU when displaying a complex multi-track project.

I also forgot to mention that Thunderbolt does not work with Gigabyte Z590. Hot-plug has been achieved with Asus Z590 boards but Gigabyte's implementation is broken.

By the end of this day Rocket Lake and Z590 will be "last generation" anyway, so no one should feel bad going for "old tech" Comet Lake and Z490: This is the last generation with native support in OS X (and fully implemented Thunderbolt on hackintoshes), and so the last one which can be recommended for a solid work machine.

The VRAM size and lack of kext suggest you're on VESA driver, i.e. not using the iGPU but computing display from CPU. It may somehow work but I doubt you'd be happy with it for any kind of graphically demanding workload. And, as far as I understand it, audio work can actually get demanding on the GPU when displaying a complex multi-track project.

I also forgot to mention that Thunderbolt does not work with Gigabyte Z590. Hot-plug has been achieved with Asus Z590 boards but Gigabyte's implementation is broken.

By the end of this day Rocket Lake and Z590 will be "last generation" anyway, so no one should feel bad going for "old tech" Comet Lake and Z490: This is the last generation with native support in OS X (and fully implemented Thunderbolt on hackintoshes), and so the last one which can be recommended for a solid work machine.
Thank you etorix for the details. I appreciate it. I will go for z490 and 10900k with rx 6600xt. Thank you!

Any dGPU is according to your (updated) requirements, as the iGPU will work for display with Z490+Comet Lake.
Unless the i9-10900K is discounted to clear stocks, you may make some savings by going for an i9-10850K (same performance) or even i9-10900 (likely same non-overclocked performance for a few more watts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back