Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> need help, black screen on RX580 Mojave install. cannot get this figured out.... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4740S-Clover
CPU
i5-3210M/HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hope someone is willing to help me, I a bit at a loss here.

I am trying to get the system installed on Mojave with a new GPU (the RX580). I had previously installed High Sierra with a HD6870 that ran well for years.

I use the UniBeast methode with legacy boot and not ATI injection, as that should not be necessary any more with this GPU.

Everything goes well until the the apple sign and the slider fills up nicely. Than very thing goes black. so I get No visuals after his.

- Clover 4920 (UniBeast)
- also with ATI injection, no luck

the Clover menu at Graphics injector -> it says Card device ID=67DF Model AMD Radeon RX 480_ that seems to fit with this:

AMD9500Controller.kext (4th Gen GCN architecture)
Graphics Card OOB min. OSX DevID Reference Port Layout Framebuffer Known Issues
RX 460 / RX 560 Yes 10.12 0x67EF DP, HDMI, DVI Acre Needs RadeonDeInit
RX 470 / RX 570 Yes 10.12.6 0x67DF 2x DP, HDMI, 2x DVI Orinoco Needs RadeonDeInit
RX 480 / RX 580 Yes 10.12.6 0x67DF 2x DP, HDMI, 2x DVI Orinoco Needs RadeonDeInit

My GPU has 2c DP, 2x HDMI and only 1x DVI. I use the DVI to get to signal to my screen. on HDMI same problem.
In Clover configurator I have ticked the box the RadeonDeInit selected the Orinoco and saved the config.plist. but same problem no visuals after the Slider fills up beneath the apple sign.

obviously something is not going well here.

can anyone help me, what info do you need more from me?

Thinking that legacy mode is your issue, if your machine can do UEFI then try this, else see below for 'problem reprting files) -
Before changing anything on your current hard disk layout - Id be very tempted to get it working off a UEFI based USB and another hard drive to see if that works. The advice here seems to be that Mojave, more than most OS upgrades, ought to be a clean install (you can even use two usb thumb drives 1 for unibeast the other to hold the OS (it will be terribly slow but will work for testing). If this option does not suit then search this site for 'Problem Reporting files script' and follow the instructions for making a set of files that will assist others to help. If you will be swapping to UEFI then your BIOS settings will prob need changing too.

Yes, YES YESSSSSS! Thank you. got past the problem!!! I have visuals after the apple logo.

Now I will do a new clean install..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back