Contribute
Register

[Need help] Audio, Brightness Slider not working on High Sierra 10.13.6 on Toshiba Portege R930

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GB Z77P-D3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys I have recently successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 onto my laptop with following specifications:

- It’s a Dynabook R732 (Toshiba Portege R930)

- CPU: Intel core i5 3340M @2.7GHz (turboboost up to 3.4GHz)

- RAM: 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz

- Motherboard: Toshiba Motherboard with chipset HM76

- Screen: 13.3” @1366x768

What’s working:

- Wifi (Atheros AR946X (2 and 3))

- Backlight (using Rehabman’s patch)

- qe/ci (Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 1536MB)

My problems:

- Brightness slider is not functioning at all

- Audio is not working

- Battery Indicator is not working so well (doesn’t show time remaining and it takes time to realize a change when I plug in or out my power adapter), so I use another app to monitor battery usage is Battery Health

How to reproduce:

- Implement Rehabman’s method: Native power management + AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (this is how far I got)

- Implement Rehabman’s guide: Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control (this is how far I got, the slider is just not working)

- Implement toledo’s guide on Apple Native HDA (mine is ALC269, as the VendorID in HDEF is 10ec0269), what I got so far is HDMI audio (working but not able to control volume)

I really appreciate any help because I’ve tried for several days with any possible methods I found especially from Rehabman but not found any success yet.

- If this battery indicator is the best I can get, it’s okay because at least I can see current battery percentage and t.b.h I plug it in most of the time

- If I cannot control my backlight level, it’s also okay because at least it’s currently at its maximum

- The most important problem is audio, as I really need the 3.5mm port to work, because I cannot carry my USB over-ear headsets with me all the time (partly because it takes up one USB port, and also it’s very big and heavy)

Thank you once more for your time spending reading this and possibly trying to help me.

Hey guys I have recently successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 onto my laptop with following specifications:

- It’s a Dynabook R732 (Toshiba Portege R930)

- CPU: Intel core i5 3340M @2.7GHz (turboboost up to 3.4GHz)

- RAM: 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz

- Motherboard: Toshiba Motherboard with chipset HM76

- Screen: 13.3” @1366x768

What’s working:

- Wifi (Atheros AR946X (2 and 3))

- Backlight (using Rehabman’s patch)

- qe/ci (Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 1536MB)

My problems:

- Brightness slider is not functioning at all

- Audio is not working

- Battery Indicator is not working so well (doesn’t show time remaining and it takes time to realize a change when I plug in or out my power adapter), so I use another app to monitor battery usage is Battery Health

How to reproduce:

- Implement Rehabman’s method: Native power management + AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (this is how far I got)

- Implement Rehabman’s guide: Patching DSDT/SSDT for LAPTOP backlight control (this is how far I got, the slider is just not working)

- Implement toledo’s guide on Apple Native HDA (mine is ALC269, as the VendorID in HDEF is 10ec0269), what I got so far is HDMI audio (working but not able to control volume)

I really appreciate any help because I’ve tried for several days with any possible methods I found especially from Rehabman but not found any success yet.

- If this battery indicator is the best I can get, it’s okay because at least I can see current battery percentage and t.b.h I plug it in most of the time

- If I cannot control my backlight level, it’s also okay because at least it’s currently at its maximum

- The most important problem is audio, as I really need the 3.5mm port to work, because I cannot carry my USB over-ear headsets with me all the time (partly because it takes up one USB port, and also it’s very big and heavy)

Thank you once more for your time spending reading this and possibly trying to help me.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I've just tried Deepak's Binary patching but still no luck for me :(((

Most of your issues are covered in the FAQ. Please read it.

If you have an issue, you must provide details and "Problem Reporting" files... as stated in the FAQ.

Also, you must fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ. Your profile is missing chipset and screen resolution. Please read the FAQ carefully.

Hello Rehabman it's been like several hours since last night (Vietnam time) that I've tried the process of Binary Patching the AppleHDA.kext but found no success till date...

I have updated the profile as you insisted.

And here I attach the Report File. I would love to seek for your help I'm really frustrating as any time I reboot, the volume logo just didn't shine...

Attachments

• R732H_System_Report.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 51
Hello Rehabman it's been like several hours since last night (Vietnam time) that I've tried the process of Binary Patching the AppleHDA.kext but found no success till date...

I have updated the profile as you insisted.

And here I attach the Report File. I would love to seek for your help I'm really frustrating as any time I reboot, the volume logo just didn't shine...
from your kextcache output:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8f4e506920 [0x7fff84883af0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

that will need deleting and reinstalling again

from your kextcache output:

Code:
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8f4e506920 [0x7fff84883af0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }

that will need deleting and reinstalling again

You mean reinstalling High Sierra or reinstalling the kext? I've just reinstalled it with Kext Wizard but it did not change anything...

I have just reinstalled my current AppleHDA and it seems like the permission has been fixed but it won't work.
Below is the kextcache dump (just rebooted and F2 a few secs ago).

Attachments

• kextcache_log.txt
    3 KB · Views: 74
I have just reinstalled my current AppleHDA and it seems like the permission has been fixed but it won't work.
Below is the kextcache dump (just rebooted and F2 a few secs ago).
you will need to regenerate all problem reporting files again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back