Contribute
Register

Need help and advise for my first hackintosh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820k @ 4.20GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 760 4Gb Windforce O.C.
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody!
I need help for my first configuration. I work with cad programs, with some light calculation programs unfortunately works only on windows (I will probably work with windows in emulation mode only when necessary), some amateur video and photo editing and other commons daily programs like filemaker, office suite etc..
I'd like to build the best configuration for my work and I guess which it can be, can you help me?

this is what i think to buy:
i7-4930K
asus sabertooth x79
gygabyte GTX 770 4GB
crucial 32 Gb ram
samsung SSD 120gb
seagate 3 TB
corsair Hydro series h60
corsair AX 760
samsung monitor 28" 4K
corsair cc600tm mid tower
logitech HDpro webcam

maybe for my work is enough if i choose an i7-4770k and a GTX 760 graphic card and 16 gb ram?

other question do you think it's better one monitor 28" 4K or two monitor 24" fullHD? i'd like to works with two monitor but I think is still too much money for two 24" 4k monitor...

any suggestion for a better case/tower? i don't like too much the cc600tm mid tower...

thanks a lot

bye from Italy

Marco
:)

thank you for the answers

Thank you Going Bald! really really appreciate!:D one answer finally!

Hi, Just read your thread, and here's my take on things...

Processor wise - if your not doing any high end video/audio production, I think an i5 should be fine.

Ram - In my opinion as you said 16gb is definatley enough, and 32 will be a little overkill.

Monitor - If your not into HIGH end gaming, then I would definatley go with 2 full hd monitors, most of us really can't tell the difference between 4k and 1080p. In my opinion 4K displays aren't cheap enough or useful enough to recommend. For a little more glamour its just not worth it, 2 montiors will add to your efficiency at work and will be far more useful.

Case - Fractal Design R4 all the way!

Graphics Card - If your not doing high end gaming, I say find a card that can withstand 1080p monitors and can handle if needs be a little bit of gaming.

Storage - Sounds good to be Samsung SSD and seagate 3TB can never really go wrong.

Hope this helped, but at the end the decision is up to you!

THank you for advice rmantech!:thumbup:

maybe i will do what you suggest ... especially for the monitors : two full hd ! but i've read that some of them are not compatible with osx (2nd monitor sometimes freeze with black screen, DVI or HDMI must be used and not always works etc..) : i'd like to have one more advise about that if it's possible? I saw the list of monitors on the buyer's guide of this site but i wonder if i can choose or not any of those for the two monitors build?

and if not can you suggest me which monitors is more compatible with two monitors build?

thanks a lot for answer

bye
Marco:)

Hi, This thread may be useful: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/79645-dual-monitors-not-working-660-ti.html

I think the first step will be to decide what graphics card u want and then see if dual monitors has worked with it in the past. I'm not sure if the monitor type will matter, but am not entirely sure.

I hope someone else can help with that.

THank you for advice rmantech!:thumbup:

maybe i will do what you suggest ... especially for the monitors : two full hd ! but i've read that some of them are not compatible with osx (2nd monitor sometimes freeze with black screen, DVI or HDMI must be used and not always works etc..) : i'd like to have one more advise about that if it's possible? I saw the list of monitors on the buyer's guide of this site but i wonder if i can choose or not any of those for the two monitors build?

and if not can you suggest me which monitors is more compatible with two monitors build?

thanks a lot for answer

bye
Marco:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back