Contribute
Register

Need feedback on the Intel Core i3 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimx86 said:
MacMan said:
The only thing not supported on the H55 is the onboard graphics. If you use an external card there is really no difference between a P55 and a H55.

Onboard? I thought it was "on CPU"? Or is it both?
The H55 adds the glue to access the graphics in the CPU if it's there. So that's what is not supported. If you add an external card and disable the onboard graphics it works like a charm and acts like a P55 board. OS X won't know the difference :D

MacMan said:
The H55 adds the glue to access the graphics in the CPU if it's there. So that's what is not supported. If you add an external card and disable the onboard graphics it works like a charm and acts like a P55 board. OS X won't know the difference :D

Cool, thanks! Now I can add H55 to my list of suggestions for people on a tight budget! :thumbup:

The integrated graphics does work on the H55, but only in 1024x768. So if you are not using it for video or gaming it works fine. I use mine as a mostly "headless" box so it is not an issue.

Barry
---------------
GA-H55M-USB3
i3-530
GMA-HD Integrated (1024x768)

idoco said:
The integrated graphics does work on the H55, but only in 1024x768. So if you are not using it for video or gaming it works fine. I use mine as a mostly "headless" box so it is not an issue.

Barry
---------------
GA-H55M-USB3
i3-530
GMA-HD Integrated (1024x768)

Please add your signature as a real signature in the Control Panel, that makes it not appear in quotes. Is it only the H55 that works that way with onboard graphics?

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back