Graphics
Radeon HD 6670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The bios version on my motherboard is F9 but in the DSDT database it only goes up to F8 for the exact same type. Does anyone know where I could find the DSDT file or if the database will be updated soon? Is there a chance that the F8 DSDT file would work?

I'm new at this so I'm not keen on creating my own DSDT

Regards

I'm looking for this as well...seems lots of people with f8 have a problem with boot looping.

Same for me. I cannot find a DSDT for F9 anywhere.
Actually I am looking for information about creating a DSDT by myself but it is not that easy. I would be happy for some tips and tricks!

Anyone having any progress on getting the F9 DSDT?

I created one by myself and everything is working.

I am about to order this motherboard and it will likely come with F9 (or newer?).

My (noob) question - was it hard / easy / trivial to make an appropriate DSDT for your board with the F9 BIOS? Not that it matters, but I expect to put a 2700k in it, not an Ivy Bridge chip.

- David

You find my DSDT for F9 as attachment to this post.

Well, it was not that hard to do, although I do not know if I made the best DSDT possible. I used the following guide: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559&start=0

The things I did:
- Extract DSDT ("getDSDT.sh" or "DSDT Editor -> Extract")
- Decompile
- Patch it (you will find several patches out there)
- Compile
- Save as "dsdt.aml" for use in our boot loader

I hope that it will work for you.

Attachments

• Z68XPUD3-Orig-Ed-P_MB-P_Audio.aml
    17.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Z68XPUD3-Orig-Ed-P_MB-P_Audio.dsl
    185.8 KB · Views: 169
The good news is my build is up and running nicely. Finally. Board came Wednesday but CPU and ram did not arrive until Thursday evening. The assembly went pretty fast - it didn't take long until I got my first successful POST. But it took a good part of Friday to get the install working correctly for audio and ethernet.

Anyway, the bad news is - I can't offer any info on your DSDT for F9 since the board I received came with the F8 BIOS, and, since it is working well, I can't see any reason to update it to F9 (or newer).

- David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back