CPU
I3-8100
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does this update provide support for any cheaper AMD graphics cards? I'd like to upgrade my monitor to a 27" 4k, but all the supported boards on the CustoMac list cost more than simply buying a new Gigabyte board and i5 chip with Intel 630. In theory, I would prefer to use my old board/Ivy combination and simply pop in a low-cost card. Have the blockchain miners ruined the GPU market?

Last edited:
Does this update provide support for any cheaper AMD graphics cards? I'd like to upgrade my monitor to a 27" 4k, but all the supported boards on the CustoMac list cost more than simply buying a new Gigabyte board and i5 chip with Intel 630. In theory, I would prefer to use my old board/Ivy combination and simply pop in a low-cost card. Have the blockchain miners ruined the GPU market?

???

RX560 (And RX550 I think) are compatible (Many people are running them, including me) - You can't get cheaper than that!?

???

RX560 (And RX550 I think) are compatible (Many people are running them, including me) - You can't get cheaper than that!?
The RX550s are not supported so the 560 is the best low cost choice.

RX 560 will give you over 3x the boost compared to IGPU. Don’t buy XFX RX 460 it’s the only brand of 460-560 that doesn’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back