CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Newbie question, I couldn’t find this specific answer with a product suggestion which is why I am asking.

From my reading it sounds like you need a Broadcom chip so that Bluetooth 5.0 wil be natively supported without need for Kexts or modifications. Has anyone bought a Bluetooth 5.0 card that is natively supported in Catalina? If so could you provide a link!

While I don’t need WiFi right now I understand if the card might have to have both WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0. which is fine with me.

thanks

Last edited:
Did some further research this week and coming to the conclusion that there isn't currently a natively supported Bluetooth 5.0 solution? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is that you might be able to hack it, in some way, by purchasing the top i/o board for 2019 Mac Pro. It's Apple part # 923-03329.

The only thing I can think of is that you might be able to hack it, in some way, by purchasing the top i/o board for 2019 Mac Pro. It's Apple part # 923-03329.

Does anyone know if this just for power or actually for data use too? I was thinking about getting one and testing it.

923-03330.jpg

Isn't that the other I/O board? I don't think it's where the wifi/bluetooth is located. I found a teardown that said that the antennas lead to the top I/O board, the same one as has the power button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back