i5-750
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,
I am trying to get my R9 290X to work with my system here. If i try to boot normally from drive, I get a boot0 and a bunch of gibberish afterward, which I would assume the video drivers down't like the new card. I can boot using my rescue disk and typing GraphicsEnabler=Yes, however, only one of my screens work and I have tearing on my screen (signs of drive initialization issues). Anyone care to offer some assistance? I can create a video if you guys want and show you what exactly is going on.

If you need more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance!
~End Void

Anyone????

Hold your horses! You're entering unknown territory here: not many people have this GPU at the moment.

Nevertheless, I'll leave it to someone more experienced to do some exploratory troubleshooting to see if we can get it to work.

Though, some trial and error wouldn't hurt.

Try booting with the following flags:

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
-v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

I will try those and see what happens. Thanks! I think I am one of the first around here to have this card, so that is why I am the guinea pig here :)

Now, even with the boot flags you gave me, I kernel panic :(

My best guess would be that the kernel extension for the video card doesn't like the R9 290x
20131105_135711.jpg
Though, I am thinking of doing a fresh install of OSX and see how that does it. Rule out any other software or kernel extensions that could be causing issues.

try removing gpusensors.kext from your system as it seems it's causing the kernel panic

look for it in either /extra/extensions
or /system/library/extensions
or inside fakesmc.kext/content/plugins

Alright, i will give it a shot... after I am done moving about a 1TB of data. My freaking RAID decided it was a great time to crap out. Nothing like a good backup system though :)

Any luck?
I can't get mine to work :/

I new that, however, I was kind of hoping for a glemor of hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back