Contribute
Register

Need assistance in my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hackintosh-Builders

I want to build a hackintosh by myself (never build any computers before just upgraded them)

Found some parts which would match my build and my budget in the buyer's guide!

Can somebody pls help me and explain me if i could build a running Hackintosh with these parts:

Case : NZXT s340 elite
Mainboard : MSI h170 pc mate
CPU : intel i5 6400
GPU : EVGA gtx 980
Power : Corsair RM650x
wlan : TP-link n900
SSD : Kingston SSDnow UV400 120GB
HDD : WD Blue 2tb

It would really help me if somebody replies fast so that I can get the parts quick.

Thanks

dibe

Looks pretty good to me, supported ethernet and audio. GPU requires the web drivers/updates but thats only on each point update, average 5 times a year. Super case I'm getting the same case in white for my Skylake build. No experience with the SSD you've chosen since I use Samsung or Sandisk. Sure it'll work well.

Hi wildwillow

Thanks a lot for the help!
Really appreciate this

dibe0001
Hi dibe0001,
No problem, if you want to use the facilities provided by OS X/macOS such as continuity/handoff it may be wise to look at a different network card since these features require BT4.0 or later. Just a heads up.

Yeah a guy from Germany also said it would be great to get a ABWD 802
For sure, if you're going to use these features best to get a Wi-Fi/BT combo that works out of the box. Especially if you're going to be connected via Wi-Fi only.

Hi Wildwillow

Do you know if I have to get a graphics card for viedeo editing?
or is it just for gaiming ?
Because I come from Germany and the graphics card i wanna get is currently not in stock!

Thank you for your help
dibe0001

Do you know if I have to get a graphics card for viedeo editing?
If you are going to make 3,4 or more movies a week then a discreet GPU would offer you better performance. If you're going to make 1 movie a month save your money and use the HD530. Just be aware that if you want to use higher resolution monitors via HD530 the ports on your motherboard have limitations. The HDMI port(v1.4) will give you maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24Hz. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H170A-PC-MATE.html#hero-specification
If you're using a 1920x1080 monitor you can ignore the higher resolution comments. HD530 doesn't support 2 monitors without workarounds. You can always add a discreet GPU at a later date. If you still want a GTX980 take a look at Ebay. People are looking to upgrade now Pascal cards are in the market. No support for Pascal in macOS at this time.

I have the same needs as dibe0001 regarding the graphic card for editing.
You convinced me not to buy a graphic card now (i'm building my hackintosh in march).
I have a 2560x1440 monitor and a Gigabyte z170X Designare Mobo. I also can add later a second monitor.
And if i want to play some games i'll look later for a 2nd hand gtx 980. Thanks

No problem. It is one of those scenarios if you know for certain you will add a discreet GPU at later date and the better cards such as the GTX980 (Ti) will slowly become harder to buy, should we get one sooner rather than later?! I think for now you'll be fine and maybe for the next few months. But since we have little to choose from in terms of discreet GPU's that work like the Maxwell cards in OS X/macOS I'm still in the market to scoop up one of the 980's available whether I can get one new or 2nd hand. Its really personal preference.
P.s I have the Synology DS212j, love this NAS, I wish Synology would move over to Thunderbolt like LaCie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back