Motherboard
GA-P55-UD3L rev 2.3, socket LGA 1156, 16 GB DDR3
CPU
Intel Core I7 860 @t 2.93 MgHz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 GV-N75TOC-2GI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello my Hackintosh worked well with over 2 years with Mac OS X 10.8.5. But my old Nvdia Video Card GT 9800 1 Gb ddr 3 died.
I bought a new video card, this one on my configuration. I created sucessfull a bootable usb drive with Unibeast for Yosemite 10.10 . I tested it on an older computer, and it worked fine, installed without problem and the system run fine.

After I tryed to install on the machine with my confiugration, and the new video card Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC I have a trouble. Before that I checked how to configure the settings in my Bios.
I try to install in -v mode and the loading stuck at "[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed.
I searched for some solution in internet and tryed with other command to boot the installer for example:
nv_disable=1 -v , GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes -v.

It resulted to load the installer and bring it the to step where I must select my language to install Yosemite. But my usb mouse and keyboard stucked and I think the screen freezes too.... and there are no messages or like that. Is this kernel panic?

Please give me some tipps, thank you in advice !

Really, can't nobody give me some tipps how pass that video card problem during the istallation. I dont have integrated graphic too I know i can get drivers when i sucessfully get the system installed.

My understanding is all you did was get a new video card from the same vendor and driver set.
You could have just installed a new Nvidia card and it should have worked: I have gone from ATI to Nvidia and changed again and never had any issues with drivers, but I do not use the Nvidia drivers as there is no reason to for most users given the software they are going to run and inherent OSX issues.
Your list suggests older but common hardware that should install with the correct flags so as always research on this site what others have done or follow the instructions carefully.
If you have a backup copy, Time Machine or otherwise, of your prior installation you might want to see if you can restore it with you new video card in place.

The reason, why I needed to switch was, that my old nvidia gt 9800 died, was used more than 4-years. So I needed new video. I asked here on the forum about this video card what I have now, I understood this video card is running fine with nvidia web drivers.
The problem I can't install the system. When I try to install Yosemite it is coming to the point PCI config and stop ...
So this is my problem how to override that step..... from the installation. I tried with

nv_disable=1 -v , and many other boot commands, allways the same.

Thanks for the answer

I am asking if someone know a way that I can cheat it. to get the in the OS System to install the drivers for this nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back