Contribute
Register

Need advice to make metal acceleration of iGPU (uhd 360) work .. i9 9900K headless platform id0x3E980003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I managed by following guides to have my Vega 56 and the intel iGPU recognized, but in hackintool, it says there's is no metal acceleration from my uhd630..

and when exporting in final cut, I only see my VEGA 56 in activity monitor...

(I patched my graphic device properties by inserting in config.list the patch generated by hackintool, it is since this pach it is recognized as 0x3E980003 and that I can export in final cut, but final cut seems to no use it. Before this pach, it made final cut crash)

(I am using watevergreen)

i made a screen capture of hackintool info tab, and join my config.plist file too (I removed serial) (see attached files)

my system is a Gigabyte Designare Z390, intel i9 9900k, and sapphire RXvega56
macOS 10.14.6 (18G95)

any help would be very much appreciated... I searched several hours already lol..

Attachments

• kackintool info.png
    kackintool info.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 164
  • config.plist
    11.3 KB · Views: 79
@entoine,

Your config looks ok to me, correct SMBIOS and Headless IGPU PlatfromID.

I not 100% sure about this but think the latest version of Final Cut does not use the IGPU if a Vega GPU is installed, it does all rendering (even H264) on the Vega GPU which is the behaviour I see on my MacOS Video Edit system (see White Knight build in my sig)

The best way to test if IQS is working is to use Finder to preview a H264 video, if you use iStat Menus it will show the IGPU load and memory in use.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I will leave that way then. And I'll give a try to iStats menus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back