Contribute
Register

Need Advice on Updating to Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
@esafeddie , can you share your open core EFI folder? I have same board bios f12c
you helped me a while back and I've been using your clover EFI folder.
I updated bios to f12j

@esafeddie , I found your EFI in another thread and successfully booted using open core. Now I need to change the board serial numbers to what I was using previously with clover, what's easiest way to edit them?

@esafeddie , I found your EFI in another thread and successfully booted using open core. Now I need to change the board serial numbers to what I was using previously with clover, what's easiest way to edit them?
Down load a copy of PlistEdit Pro and open your config.plist with it and fill in your machine's data as indicated by the attached (I blanked out my own details), save the changes and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 21.51.23.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 21.51.23.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 36
Down load a copy of PlistEdit Pro and open your config.plist with it and fill in your machine's data as indicated by the attached (I blanked out my own details), save the changes and you should be good to go.
Ok, where is the MLB value and MAC address? I got the other two entered
@esafeddie

Last edited:
Ok, where is the MLB value and MAC address? I got the other two entered
@esafeddie
In this folder run the 'GenSMBIOS.command' Script in Terminal and follow instructions which will give you the data you need.

Attachments

• GenSMBIOS-master.zip
    221.7 KB · Views: 43
In this folder run the 'GenSMBIOS.command' Script in Terminal and follow instructions which will give you the data you need.
Got that done! Thanks esafeddie. I have one more obstacle, my usb mapping is not right. My bluetooth (fenvi wifi/bluetooth card) isn't working and had to move my unifying Logitech receiver to another USB port. I thought I could just swap my files over from clover efi but they are different, one is usbports kext, the other usbmap kext and it caused boot failure. So how do I map those with open core , I used Hackintool before. @esafeddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back