i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

Hey Guys, I realy need your help, because I currently wasting money on hardware, I can’t use.

I’d like to have 4 or 6 Displays connected to my machine. I’m not a gamer, I’m a developer. So I don’t need extensive power.

I think, my main problem is currently my mainboard / not enough PCIe Lanes. In the past, I have High Sierra with an GTX 1060 Card and NVIDIA Web drivers. With this setup I was able to run 4 Displays. But when I installed a second card (I tried a 1030, 1050 and a 970), I got graphical errors on one card, if I had a 10 GbE network card (X520-T2 with patched firmware) installed in my machine. The mainboard is a Gigabyte Z370 HD3.

Yesterday I bought an AMD RX580 Card (Gigabyte) and installed Mojave. And… I don’t know why, but this card only supports 3 Displays, even when it has 3x DP, 1x HDMI and 1x DVI. During boot time, I got a image on one display, and when OS X boots up, the Image monitor has no signal any more. Big disappointment.

So can someone tell me, what I need for a 4 or 6 screen setup and 10 GbE (copper)?

Hey Guys,

Hey Guys, I realy need your help, because I currently wasting money on hardware, I can’t use.

I’d like to have 4 or 6 Displays connected to my machine. I’m not a gamer, I’m a developer. So I don’t need extensive power.

I think, my main problem is currently my mainboard / not enough PCIe Lanes. In the past, I have High Sierra with an GTX 1060 Card and NVIDIA Web drivers. With this setup I was able to run 4 Displays. But when I installed a second card (I tried a 1030, 1050 and a 970), I got graphical errors on one card, if I had a 10 GbE network card (X520-T2 with patched firmware) installed in my machine. The mainboard is a Gigabyte Z370 HD3.

Yesterday I bought an AMD RX580 Card (Gigabyte) and installed Mojave. And… I don’t know why, but this card only supports 3 Displays, even when it has 3x DP, 1x HDMI and 1x DVI. During boot time, I got a image on one display, and when OS X boots up, the Image monitor has no signal any more. Big disappointment.

So can someone tell me, what I need for a 4 or 6 screen setup and 10 GbE (copper)?
If that is the GA Aorus ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y46X4L9/?tag=tonymacx86com-20 ) then with the latest lilu and whatevergreen kexts you can connect to all 5 ports and all displays will work.

I have mine on an old X58A-UD7 board and it does not have anywhere near the lanes a new Z370 has, so that is not the problem.

Nvidia Quadro NVS510 would give you 4x DP natively supported by macOS. Not as good performance as a Rx580 but designed for your use case.

Nvidia Quadro NVS510 would give you 4x DP natively supported by macOS. Not as good performance as a Rx580 but designed for your use case.

And why is this 600$ card better than the RX580 for 150$?

And why is this 600$ card better than the RX580 for 150$?
I've seen those Quadro NVS 510s for about 70 dollars on Ebay. You can even find them new for around $130 or less.

It gives you the option to run four 4K monitors via mDP 1.2 which is natively supported. DVI outputs obviously can't provide 4K/60Hz and if the HDMI is not version 2.0 or better it can't either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back