Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone. I want to say "thanks" to everyone involved in this community, I've got my hackinstosh up and running very easily thanks to all the knowledge in here and easy-to-follow guides.

The only thing not working is wifi - obviously. Which cards are compatible with this Probook model? Combo cards would be ideal, but I very very very rarely use bluetooth on the computer, so a wifi-only card is also an option.

Thanks!
Rod.

Hello everyone. I want to say "thanks" to everyone involved in this community, I've got my hackinstosh up and running very easily thanks to all the knowledge in here and easy-to-follow guides.

The only thing not working is wifi - obviously. Which cards are compatible with this Probook model? Combo cards would be ideal, but I very very very rarely use bluetooth on the computer, so a wifi-only card is also an option.

Thanks!
Rod.

There is some information with links in the FAQ.
With the 4x40s, there is no BIOS whitelist (vs. the 4530s), so any card that is compatible with OS X should work.

Thanks. You've been very helpful with the whole process of my Probook hackintoshing. :thumbup:

I checked the FAQ and the Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card caught my attention. Do you, or anyone else who has a 4540s, know if any of its variants will do the job? I just found various of these cards on eBay for HP and Dell and with different numbers (42016713-06, 42021606-06, 504664-001, 504664-002).

Rod.

Thanks. You've been very helpful with the whole process of my Probook hackintoshing. :thumbup:

I checked the FAQ and the Broadcom BCM94322HM8L card caught my attention. Do you, or anyone else who has a 4540s, know if any of its variants will do the job? I just found various of these cards on eBay for HP and Dell and with different numbers (42016713-06, 42021606-06, 504664-001, 504664-002).

Rod.

According to the chart (linked in the FAQ) that is vendor/device-id [14e4:432b] and should work.

Note: I do not have a 4540s. If my 4530s didn't work as well as it does, I'd probably upgrade it, but so far I can't justify it... As the prices fall on 4x40s, I may eventually decide to pick one up.

Just built my first hackintosh myself. I can confirm that BCM94322HM8L works great, according to ebay I should have 504664-001 variant, but I can later check for sure, if you are interested.
As I read at this forum, then wifi/bluetooth combo cards don't work very reliably.
For bluetooth I use cheap Chinese usb dongle, which actually works really great, its on CSR chip, here is one on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-New-M...K_Computing_Networking_SM&hash=item20d11a980c
I use it to stream audio to Belkin bluetooth audio receiver and it works perfect. Only downside is it sticks out for about 1cm, a bit shorter one would be great.

Thanks guys. I just bought the BCM94322HM8L card (504664-001 variant) since that's made for HP notebooks, just to be safe. It only costed me $10 and should arrive in a few days. I'll report back when it's up and running (hopefully!).

Thanks guys. I just bought the BCM94322HM8L card (504664-001 variant) since that's made for HP notebooks, just to be safe. It only costed me $10 and should arrive in a few days. I'll report back when it's up and running (hopefully!).

Any luck with that card MrRod? I have spotted one on eBay as well and would like one to replace the slow AR9285 in my hackintosh. if you could share your results with the rest of us it would be greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back