Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I'm studying television Production and need a machine for video editing. of course my first port of call is to buy a mac, unfortunately apple have a nasty habit of having ridiculous prices. So here I am. I'm fairly certain this Build will work but your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Gigabyte-GA-X58A-UD3R

Intel CPU- Intel Core i7-960

Asus nVidia GT220

that is the barebones of it so thank you in advance for your help

Petchy said:
Hi, I'm studying television Production and need a machine for video editing. of course my first port of call is to buy a mac, unfortunately apple have a nasty habit of having ridiculous prices. So here I am. I'm fairly certain this Build will work but your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Gigabyte-GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus nVidia GT220

Please see my signature for a UD3R build. I'd consider getting an ATI card instead of nVidia given that it is ATI cards that are in all new Mac's now. They are a bit more tricky to get multiple monitors working but 2 is fine, 3 is tricky. If you do go with an ATI card please stick to well supported cards such as 5770 or 5870 and please only buy a dual slot reference design card. Do some research and you'll find some good info.

Petchy said:

Gigabyte-GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus nVidia GT220

As NotShy says, stick with what's recommended in Tony's guides and you'll avoid the headaches. I built my customac for under $1000 and because I wanted it to dual boot, the most expensive thing on my system is actually Windows 7 home premium. If it wasn't for that POS price I'd be well under $1000. Windows 7 costs more than my mobo or the CPU. Look at my sig for what I put together. You can also get combo deals if you look around i.e. mobo-cpu combo or mobo-case combo. Just make sure the mobo-cpu combos are the exact models from the guide. The case doesn't matter much as long as the mobo fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back