Contribute
Register

Need a new graphic card for my Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard (updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Edhawk, I didn't know there was a backward compatibility, thanks for that. My PSU is a Cooler Master B700 v2, 700W, so I guess it's ok. Actually, the computer wouldn't start but I can't remember the message. As I sent the GPU back, I cannot check that point. Moreover, I used the HDMI output with no adapter. Really don't know what I missed :|

Hi guys,
I posted a thread last year but graphic cards were so expensive, I decided to postpone my purchase.
To put it simply, I need a new graphic card for my Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 motherboard that will support 3440 x 1440 monitor resolution, for a minimum price...
I also need to update to macOS Big Sur in order to run Cubase Pro 12.
Could you guys please advise me on an affordable graphic card?
Moreover, do you believe there could be some incompatibility between Big Sur and the rest of my configuration?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (4.0 GHz)
RAM: DDR3 Ballistix Sport XT, 4 x 8 Go, 1600 MHz, CAS 9
Current graphic card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC, 2 Go
2 HDD: Seagate Desktop SSHD, 1 To et Seagate Desktop SSHD, 2 To
1 SSD: Crucial BX200, 240 Go, SATA III
Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 Blue LED
Fan: Cooler Master B700 v2, 700W

Thanks to you all
Jean-Michel
AMD RX570/580

AMD RX570/580
Have you looked around? I did some serious research around Black Friday as I was shopping for a card to replace my Nvidia. You cannot buy AMD RX570/580 which is not pre-owned, I've looked at Amazon, Newegg etc. That card is just a bit too old (released in 2017) to be sold new. I didn't want to risk getting one from eBay since many of these were used for mining which is now unprofitable and so people are selling their cards. But there were excellent deals on newer cards supported by Apple - like 6600 from MSI I've got around $200. I also suspect that Apply will be slowly dropping Radeon support from their OS like they did with Nvidia starting with older cards first so buying something from 2017 is quite a risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back