Contribute
Register

Need a graphics card asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GDDR5 8GB Dual-link DVI-D/HDMI 2.0/DisplayPort 1.4*3

It doesnt work well :((((

Please recomend a cheap card that does work. Need this fast as ... Cannot not use my CUstomac, I have some major Photoshop jobs, I have to do them at a sluggish mac mini :(((

Yep, my story is sucess. Nothing but sucess, BUT i should have listened to advice from you guys, buy a mainstream graphics, not the most extreme one which only kind of works :((

I understand I made an error when buying this one, but I cant send it back, just have to wait for better drivers to be released

It works, kind of, but I cant get scaled down, the system says I have a 41 monitor and I am getting too small system font and weird artefacts when moving the rodent.

Mobo;
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming,
Socket-1151 mini-ITX, Z170,
DDR4, 1xPCIe-x16, WiFi,
USB 3.
CPU:
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake

Memory:
HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz 32GB

Monitor
Asus ProArt PA279Q
/works well and is recognized by macmini/ not recongn by my MacPro 2013 /the customac
Important; my customac was built by a certified computer engineer. He said I could have bought a more normal and cheaper graphics card, but he left with a perfect working system, leaving me alone to sort out the mess with that gigabyte 1070 gtx card

Help!

PS
ALso throw in an usb dongle so I can use my trusted mac keybd
Sorry, I am in a tight spot, not getting work done...

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 4.43.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 4.44.24 PM.png

Last edited:
I would suggest getting a GTX 950 as its quite well supported. There's not much movement about when the 10X0 cards will be supported on mac from nvidia. So, I would say until then, 950 would be quite a reliable card.

Thank you!!

So, that leaves me with two choices, I have to buy this tomorrow from my store in Norway,
will be too long a wait to get from amazon

Is this good: ???
EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB PhysX CUDA
PCI-Express 3.0, "ForTheWin - FTW", w/EVGA ACX Cooler, DL-DVI-I, HDMI, DP [/SIZE]

This is easy to get and have gotten fairly good reviewa among PC gamers.. well no customacers then

The 950 one is almost 100 bucks more;

EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB PhysX CUDAPCI-Express 3.0, "ForTheWin - FTW", w/ACX 2.0+, DL-DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, DP

Last edited:
Since you have the GTX 1070, I'd get the GTX 750 Ti. We're hoping that the new Nvidia web drivers will be out by the end of next week after Sierra is release on September 20. Unfortunately, the Nvidia web drivers will only support Sierra and will not be backward OS X compatible.

Thank you sorry for my impatience

A evga 750 is ordered and ... yep on its way to my post office

Lets hope this finishes my Hackintosh build then.

Also ordered a good ol' apple wired keyboard one problem less ;)

It didnt work Of course it didnt work Thats the reason why I hired that comp engineer :(

It boots. it loads that custo mac boot meny.

AND osx boots --- BUT --- when that status bar below the apple gos to full system is loading -- the screen blanks and monitor tuerns off -- NO SIGNAL..

Ouch

What hurts most I have to pull the power cord to restart -- as it is a blank screen I cannot see whats bgoing on

So what ???

I havent chnged a bit
I have only replaced the 1070 card which ran osx perfectly
with a 750 card

Hoping to get a better view!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back