MSI r9 x280 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you know any cases that closely resembles a Mac Pro case in materials and looks?

So far I only know one case that I like and that is the lian li pc v1000 but I can't find that anymore...

EDIT: Also any stylish minimal cases will do. I love the grill like mac pro cases. Brushed Metal is a+.
I hate industrial looking cases like the HAF series. It needs to be very simple and stylish.

What about modding a Power Mac G5 or Mac Pro, or is that completely out of the question? Check out the Customization section and you'll see a ton of G5 and Mac Pros mods, all with various approaches.

viewforum.php?f=76

G5's are usually around $50 to $80 gutted, while the Mac Pro normally goes for $150-200 on eBay or Craigslist.

I just got the v1020 from Newegg. It looks very mac like if you get rid of the ugly blue LED fans in the front. I replaced these two fans with two non led 140mm fans and replaced the the covers on my unused drive bays with lian li bay covers with holes which match the case. I also did a mod on my power and HDD lights to make them not light up the case as much. The way they are designed they light up the whole right upper corner of the case. I hate LED lights in cases and they are not at all mac like. If I can find a way to tone them down more I will.

Oh I so wish I could mod the g5 case but I can't, and these lookalike cases don't do it for me.

Is anyone selling pre modded g5's? :lol:

I would buy one. I didn't see any pre modded cases on ebay.

LIAN LI PC-A05NA in my oppinion is a nicer looking case than g5s and considering its small form factor it's just the best :)

humanoidal said:
LIAN LI PC-A05NA in my oppinion is a nicer looking case than g5s and considering its small form factor it's just the best :)

I would tend to agree...the only hassle is finding a silver optical drive that matches well. Looks kind of silly with a black optical IMO.

lianli pc-600fa.png
I bought the lian li pc-v600fa (silver) but is for mATX, and now I have the problem to find a dvd burner that matches the color...hahhah

IMHO, for ATX I prefer the v1020 instaed of v1000, like mine but bigger for ATX

http://www.amazon.com/PC-V1020A-Silver- ... 447&sr=8-1

Attachments

• lianli pc-600fa.png
    lianli pc-600fa.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 5,453
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back