Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers not working on ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now my USB 3.0 external HDD back to work. The speed shows in sys info is 480mb/s but real W/R speed is 115MB/s with my WD My Passport 2T - this result is same as my 2012 retina MBP

You have got a 2012 retina MBP? Please create a dump of IORegistry by typing
Code:
ioreg -fl >~/Desktop/ioreg.txt
in Terminal. Also extract it's DSDT with DSDT Editor. Send me both files as they might be helpful to find a solution for the USB 3.0 issues.

Thanks in advance!

Mieze

I also lost USB3 with ML. I replaced IOUSBFamily.kext & IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext with Lion kexts. USB3.0 worked fine, but in Console, I was getting tons of error messages referrencing the AppleUSBXHCI.kext having dependancies etc. and that it could not be resolved in the kextcache, which results in kextcache not being recompiled. I then got someone to send me ML DP3 versions (does not work with the DP4 versions). Success! USB3.0 works as it did in Lion. This is obviously a temporary solution. The root cause of losing USB3.0 in ML needs to be sorted out on DSDT level, or we will keep on having to roll back to the DP3 version every time there is an update.

Forgot to add that you will need the PHXCD kext. I see a few pages back, someone linked to OSX86 which seems to have all 3 kexts I used. The PHXCD kext is the exact same one included in Multibeast.

Not working here even with the "fix". It appears on system profiler, shows even that there is a connected disk but doesn't show on finder nor in Disk Utility. I can't mount it since it simply doesn't exist but for system profiler.

Asus P5KC+Renesas usb 3.0 card.

Was working nice in Lion.

Ok reinstalled again the Fix and it's working.

Ok reinstalled again the Fix and it's working.

Damn! I spoke too fast, some usb devices stopped working, had to rollback. We need a different solution.

That kext is old. It didn't work with DP4 aswell. I waiting for someone to update it aswell. Using usb 2.0 port for the time being. AT least that way everything is working.

That kext is old. It didn't work with DP4 aswell. I waiting for someone to update it aswell. Using usb 2.0 port for the time being. AT least that way everything is working.

I agree. This messed up my system too. Need to wait.

The "fix" work for me but ONLY after deleting the IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext like 8086 suggest in the #18 post.

I have no idea what this kext do, maybe someone can answer this question...

My USB3.0 HD is plug for more than 24hours now and it is working just great without any disconnection as it will happen sometime in Lion...
I got speed around 92MB/s in read and write...

Test all my other USB hardware and all are working...

The 3 file fix and the 1 file delete did NOT work for me. For reference, it shows the same in system info as it did in Lion. 4 super speed USB ports; nothing attached.

If I switch the USB cable to USB2; works fine????

Any other ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back