Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 Drivers not working on ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rolleyes: because that's a solution to getting usb3 working on ML? Real helpful buddy.

For what its worth...the kexts worked for me. I use a Logitech wireless mouse plugged in I/O panel, both USB2 and ASUS USB3 breakout box in front work. Check sig for specs.

With these kexts the USB3 is faster in ML than it was with MB fix on Lion.

For what its worth...the kexts worked for me. I use a Logitech wireless mouse plugged in I/O panel, both USB2 and ASUS USB3 breakout box in front work. Check sig for specs.

With these kexts the USB3 is faster in ML than it was with MB fix on Lion.

Found out that the GA-H61N-USB3-B3 has a fresco logic usb3 controller... Which doesn't have 'native' support. I think I might have only been getting usb2 speeds on them before... but two working usb2 ports is better than two useless usb3 ports.

Hey guys,
So i was able to grab a copy of the DP3 AppleUSBAudio.kext and now my USB audio devices are working again (webcam mic, USB speakerphone). I went ahead and packaged it together with the other needed DP3 USB kexts to make it easy, but they are the same ones from the link earlier in the thread.
For some reason the new site wont let me upload any files, just seems to fail every time i try so here is link to files:
DP3 USB Files - Downloads - OSx86.net
Thanks,
g\

Hey guys,
So i was able to grab a copy of the DP3 AppleUSBAudio.kext and now my USB audio devices are working again (webcam mic, USB speakerphone). I went ahead and packaged it together with the other needed DP3 USB kexts to make it easy, but they are the same ones from the link earlier in the thread.
Thanks,
g\

Great Idea. Many many thanks genzai.
Your package gives me from now on full access to my USB 3.0 Renesas µPD720200 PCIe noName card. It works flawlessly under ML OS X 10.8 (12A269).
Every one of my attached USB 2.0 Devices (Mouse, Keyboard, Sticks, Cams, USB Audio Devices) was recognized and is fully operative.
No Clues of Problems for now.

Great Idea. Many many thanks genzai.
Your package gives me from now on full access to my USB 3.0 Renesas µPD720200 PCIe noName card. It works flawlessly under ML OS X 10.8 (12A269).
Every one of my attached USB 2.0 Devices (Mouse, Keyboard, Sticks, Cams, USB Audio Devices) was recognized and is fully operative.
No Clues of Problems for now.

Hi Dude,

Here's my solution:

1. Replace three files with 10.7.4 - IOUSBFamily.kext; IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and PXHCD.kext
2. Delete IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext
3. Rebuild caches and repair permissions

Done!

Now my USB 3.0 external HDD back to work. The speed shows in sys info is 480mb/s but real W/R speed is 115MB/s with my WD My Passport 2T - this result is same as my 2012 retina MBP

Hope it helps!

i have installed the fix from osx86.net and it worked perfectly... ml on z68x-ud3h-b3... f12 dsdt and bios

i have installed the fix from osx86.net and it worked perfectly... ml on z68x-ud3h-b3... f12 dsdt and bios

Really? Dammit, nothing seems to work for me :(

Not working here even with the "fix". It appears on system profiler, shows even that there is a connected disk but doesn't show on finder nor in Disk Utility. I can't mount it since it simply doesn't exist but for system profiler.

Asus P5KC+Renesas usb 3.0 card.

Was working nice in Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back