Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a native USB wifi available?

Seems the ones available are Realtek based and you have to install their terrible Wifi drive (can't even pull out the kexts manually and put in EFI folder).

With their software its usually buggy.

No native USB WiFi in macOS. You must use the OEM software... That said you can get a suitable WiFi repeater, put it in client mode and plug in with an ethernet cable. Take a look at the TP-Link RE products they're brilliant.

No native USB WiFi in macOS. You must use the OEM software... That said you can get a suitable WiFi repeater, put it in client mode and plug in with an ethernet cable. Take a look at the TP-Link RE products they're brilliant.

The problem I have is I have no more PCie slots in my mATX system.

I have USB Bluetooth working without issues natively, just need to get Wifi working.

I have an OSXWifi BT/Wifi card but had to take it out for dual GPUs.

You will need to put it back if your aim is to get iOS handoff working. If not i would use a wired ethernet connection on a desktop, better than USB wifi. In fact i already do.

You will need to put it back if your aim is to get iOS handoff working. If not i would use a wired ethernet connection on a desktop, better than USB wifi. In fact i already do.

Yeah I'm already on ethernet and bluetooth works with my airpods.

Maybe one day I can get rid of the 2nd GPU but for now....seems like a loss.

I wonder if there's a way to fake USB to make it seem like its an AirPort device?

Would a Broadcom based USB stick work?

Would a Broadcom based USB stick work?
Not without 3rd party software, and then not with handoff. No native USB wifi in macOS. A virtual machine NATed connection to usb wifi means you can hide the wifi menu software. Alternatively a wifi client device is a native ethernet configuration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back