Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Got the gtx660 two week ago, it was a struggle getting it up, it took a chance since there were not much write ups about it, glad I made the change, also upgraded my bios to uefi on a gigabit z68 MB, then I upgrade to 10.8.3, took a day, but it is well worth it.

Hi can you tell me what all you selected for your GTX 660 in MultiBeast?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Confirmed here. ML 10.8.3 & Gigabyte GTX 660 OC: works like a charm. Obviously, GRAPHICS ENABLER = NO. Using Clover EFI boot loader...

Can you tell me what Clover EFI boot loader is? I have a GTX660 and I'm a little confused with setting I need.

Thanks for the info. I got it.

And I also want to know what Clover EFI boot loader is? I have a GTX660 and I'm a little confused with setting I need.

Hi all,

Just put in the GTX 660 it is working great, however, I cannot get OpenCL to work. I came from the dreaded 560ti to this card and now no OpenCL!

For your information my kexts all have the 3/10/13 date on them and say version 8.10.44 (I assume this is the native Apple 10.8.3 kexts???)
GraphicsEnabler=No
I still have one 560ti in the lower slot, (that shouldn't matter)

This has to be something simple, what on earth am I doing wrong?

Please let me know if I need to change frameworks as well as kexts as I am not too sure, so far I have been keeping the frameworks with their corresponding kexts...if that makes sense.

Like I said, card(s) are working great, just no OpenCL on the GTX 660, thought it would be an easy swap, just put the card in, put the original unmodified kexts back, and everything should work. Knew it would be harder than that.... :(

Fresh install of 10.8, with an upgrade to 10.8.3 before dropping the Asus GTX 660 OC in (GE=no). Very good so far!

The 660TI also throws blue rectangle on Windows 7 and 8. When I log on to Diablo III I occasionally get locks while the card reloads drivers. Hmmm . . .
could this be the hallmarks of a lemon?

Both were fresh installs of the OSes. Drivers were courtesy of Microsoft update and I never installed any Nvidia code.

I installed a GTX 650 OC in my Hackintosh. and works OK with GE = No Driver type you should install some CUDA or similar??

10.8.3 has native support for the 660TI - CUDA is great for After Effects (maybe) and other Adobe apps but Apple seems to ignore CUDA.

After a 2 day battle trying to get my new 660ti to run on my 10.8.2 install, I decided to try with a fresh install.

I have a X58 board, so no integrated graphics. I was worried because I had already sold my old GPU and read a lot that it is best to use IGU or a different GPU for the base install.

I loaded the ML 10.8.2 installer on my USB from unibeast with GraphicsEnabler=No and was able to install OSX flawlessly! Whilst connecting to my display via HDMI too!

After I got to he desktop, I ran the 10.8.3 combo update, ran Multibeast and it is working fine. (I haven't tested sleep yet, but that doesn't even work in windows 7 so I have given up on it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back