Contribute
Register

Native Support for Intel Haswell CPUs in OS X 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for Intel Haswell CPUs in OS X 10.8.5

hI!

I still have to try the update combo. (i've seen maverick guide+unibeast+multib are also available).

I am afraid of not beign able to reboot and in the worst case redo all the install process....maybe without success.
I remember I spent really lot of time to achieve this first hack of mine.

as soon as i get enough courage to apply the combo update i'll let you know. >.<;

I actually installed maverick with the new instructions. It went pretty smooth, maybe you should try that one instead. Just make sure to carefully read the instructions.

I tried the combo update and it worked.
before restarting the machine I used multib to reinstall audio and network.

the only problems I encountered are: all VST within Cubase need to be authorized again (really waste of time) and CUDA drivers need to be updated.

anyway.... it seems it worked!

I tried the combo update and it worked.
before restarting the machine I used multib to reinstall audio and network.

the only problems I encountered are: all VST within Cubase need to be authorized again (really waste of time) and CUDA drivers need to be updated.

anyway.... it seems it worked!

That is very good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.

except for the VST it's all good yes :thumbup:

I have an asus 550jv(Intel Hasswel, 4600hd video, 750m nvidia) after choose install system in boot menu the laptop reboot? I don't know what is the problem? Any ideas?

I don't believe the problem lies in being "broken" with protected video. I can play protected video over airplay to Apple TV, just not to the computer display. I've read that it works with the Cinema Display or using display port with an HD monitor. Not confirmed though.

Wish I had seen this before, I have over a terabyte of iTunes content. I was wondering why it wasn't playing, and I built it for the living room, to hook up to the HDTV, maybe I'll try the dvi, would have been nice to see in the build guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back